Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR help, YES I read the thread 5 spaces below this one!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR help, YES I read the thread 5 spaces below this one!

I just installed BBK offroad headers on my 2002 WS6. I am aware that the remaining lines in my engine bay are from the AIR system. What Im not aware of is how to remove the entire system. I read on a previous thread about pull this, pull that, and your done. I need specifics and pictures, I dont wanna screw anything up on my ride. I am curious if there is a fuse for the AIR pump, I assume there is some sort of connector supplying power. I just want to remove all of it and do it right. Can anybody help? PS- I attached pictures to show what I have done temporarily.
Attached Thumbnails AIR help, YES I read the thread 5 spaces below this one!-engine-left-side.jpg   AIR help, YES I read the thread 5 spaces below this one!-engine-right-side.jpg  
Old 03-19-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

not sure about the fuse pump. you may get a check engine light on but you can have it tuned out. as for pulling the system out the car. There is an air pump right by your drivers fog light down low. I believe mine had 4 bolts and the pump comes out. There is a hose that runs up your drivers side and into the back of the intake and coil pack area and down to your manifolds or headers. If you bought off road headers you won't need to hook these up anymore.
You can just follow it and see where it goes. The hose that goes to the back of the intake area needs to come off and plugged. and I also disconnected a hose that goes by the coil packs on the drivers one.

I wish I had pictures but I don't. Its not hard though, just follow where the lines are. The only difficult thing is getting to the back of the intake as you cannot see anything back there.

I'm sure somebody chime in with pics or something better than just my words.

hope this helps
Old 03-19-2010, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Your best bet is to do a search, there's a million threads on this topic. There was a thread this past week that had a link to another AIR thread with a nice photograph of the entire AIR system and where everything hooks up. And yes, there's a fuse you remove after removing the AIR system, it's well marked on the fuse box.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Here's the thread with the picture, just scroll down:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...uestion-2.html