Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTEC Electric Cutout Broken?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QTEC Electric Cutout Broken?

I have had my QTEC electric cutout on my car for probably 5 months now and I open and close it about 2 times a day. This past weekend I noticed that it wasn't working. So I just reached under there last night and found that the part where the motor and wire comes together was loose. This is the area at the end of the black weather boot. I could rotate it a little bit and pull it a bit out, but not completely off. I am going to take it off the car tonight, but just wondering if anyone has had this problem before and can offer suggestions as to how to fix it? If I can't fix it, do you think QTP will fix it? Thanks!

Or should I ditch the cutout and just go GMMG?
Old 01-06-2004, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't there some kind of warranty on it? Might just be some loose screws...
Old 01-07-2004, 06:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact QTP, I'm sure they'll help you out.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call us
Old 01-07-2004, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

I had the same problem on mine but the motor fell off going down the road. I just have to order anouther one.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The motor fell off a few of mine. I miss them though. I sold two that the motor fell off a few months ago because I was going to an x pipe and true duals. After the muffler shop went up on the quote I ordered another had it for about 3 months and guess what the motor fell off while driving down the road. I have both pieces so barry do you think they would warranty it since I have been such a good customer. I just leave it open now. I cant afford another one for some time.

I have receipts that can account for 2 of the 4 I had. I purchased from another member on ls1 or here I dont remember two of them I do have the paypal invoice though.

Good luck to ya dude.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Well I think I will pull it off tonight and take a look at it...I don't want it falling off on my 110 mile round trip commute for work!!! If I can't fix it myself, I'll give you guys at QTP a call tomorrow. Thanks for all the info!