Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doe's any body have a ATR cat back ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 08:22 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Doe's any body have a ATR cat back ?

Just as the post says i was looking at the atr system and it looks like that might be me.If you have one or heard one how is it. my car has flp's with no cat's how would it sound and do they have a rasp to them.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:01 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The ATR catback is the exact same design as the Randon Tech catback. It's a GREAT sounding exhaust with cats. However without cats it's very loud and raspy. If you don't want rasp without cats, I would shy away from the ATR catback...

josh
Old 02-03-2004, 01:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atr Cat Back

I have the ATR cat back on our Turbo Buicks, the system is mellow but at WOT it produces a ripping sound. That system is on a V6 so i was also wondering what it would sound like on a LS-1. For the money it is a very nice quality product. It is also very free flowing as in 0 back pressure.I like that system very much as we have installed 3 sets on our TRs.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:17 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the ATR on my old LS1 z28 with cats/mac headers and it sounded great and dynod no different then the 4" mufflex/flowmaster I was using for a while. It was a nice, light and compact system. I used to use the ATRs on my GN so thats why I bought it - didnt realize until after I had it I was the only one in the US with one it seemed

It was pretty refined sounding, kinda reminded me of the way a hooker catback sounded on the car. Any exhaust will rasp with no cats to certain degree (even this dual/dual) and the ATR was no different..