Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longtubes, Catted Y, SLP LM2, Brakes installed! PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longtubes, Catted Y, SLP LM2, Brakes installed! PICS

**UPDATE FOR VIDS**

Dropped my car off with a local Trans AM nut on Thursday to have some mods installed...Poly Motor mounts, LSXtreme longtubes with their catted Y and some drilled/dimpled brakes with new pads.

First of all, anyone who doesnt like the Loudmouth exhaust can pound sand, best sounding LS1 I have heard was with the LM2 and stock manis/cats.

Enter longtubes.....*oh the rasp and drone*, well go pound sand again! Car sounds incredible, just perfect. Nice and loud at idle, quiet up to 2500RPMs, then it opens up into a whole new screaming sound, just brutal. The car went from fast to noticably faster, kick you in the pants fast, push you in the seat fast. From 0-100 anywhere the car just feels powerful. The motor mounts made the car feel stiffer, with no added vibration, DO NOT hesitate to install the poly mounts!!

The car is just perfect now, sound and power wise, I love it. Here are some under shots and some pics for my buddys shop in Raymond, NH who did the install. In his own words, "nothing was too hard to install, those motor mounts were kind of a pain" from such a soft, well spoken guy this means something. He devised some sort of zip-tie trick to install them. Everything is awesome now. Best mod for this car to date is the longtubes, hi fow cats, and SLP LM2.

Huge thanks to LSxtreme for such a clean Y pipe merge, just a beautiful product. Flowmaster merge can bow down, this thing is perfect.

Enough of me blabbing, let me ***** some pics.

Name of the Shop is EVENFLOW AUTOMOTIVE and the owners name is Scott Favara. Just a great guy.

Car is a little dirty, so be nice. Pretty clean underneath for being a Mass/NH/Maine driven car.

Camera is a little handheld guy, so sound is subpar...yes my ebrake light was on, sticky handle which I loosened and fixed after the drive. Some idle, startup, and driving videos...nothing WOT, it is wet here. Maybe some WOT vids when it dries up. Enjoy!
*VIDEOS UP*

Last edited by TImmy_Jones; 06-06-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since many people will ask, no I cannot say how much the headers cost, just call Justin he is a decent guy. My own compliants with the headers were the EGR port was just at a horrible angle (need to visually pass Maine inspection) and the rear O2 didnt reach like they werent close and I had no indication to buy an extension, and shipping time was quite lengthy.

Other than that a great product and buy. Gonna talk to Frost about a tune and getting my codes deleted.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Timmy lookin good man - keep up the good work.

Call me when your in mass -

Sound clips please.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Purty aint she, Dan?
Old 06-06-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

hell yeah man, i love my LT'S, ORY and LM1
Old 06-06-2010, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run pretty much the same setup pacesetters, TSP catted Y, and LMII. I have no droning problems at all and i actually think it's quiet when driving around normally. With the gas hammered... thats a different story. Sounds like the Earths apocalypse

Nice install
Old 06-06-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

good looking ypipe.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
Purty aint she, Dan?
Car is gorgeous man

what's next - any appearance mods or more power?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

If anything would be TINT, been debating a debadge....but the car is just awesome as is.

The brakes look killer and I personally like the stock wheels, only other wheels I would run would be WELD drag wheels, but that would mean big tires, new rear end, and new clutch...so yeah prolly some TINT and then park it a the beach and let people drool over it.

Cute little STI gave me a go today, about 50-100 and we shut down, he was a few cars back, poor guy. All that money mommy gave him and he bought a Subaru.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Videos up.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking and sounding good.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Launching!

If anything would be TINT, been debating a debadge....but the car is just awesome as is.

The brakes look killer and I personally like the stock wheels, only other wheels I would run would be WELD drag wheels, but that would mean big tires, new rear end, and new clutch...so yeah prolly some TINT and then park it a the beach and let people drool over it.

Cute little STI gave me a go today, about 50-100 and we shut down, he was a few cars back, poor guy. All that money mommy gave him and he bought a Subaru.

You consider CAI, gets some more air into it now that you got that free flowing exhaust. good for 10 ponies or so.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

SLP lid already installed!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Launching!

SLP lid already installed!
DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

maybe I should have read your sig first. Im glad everything is goin well with the car man. Hope your lovin it. Keep the badges and lose the side moldings. They looked like **** when I sold it to ya.

Did you get the skip shift eliminator yet?

Im glad i sold you the car and not some joker - seems like you are making all the right moves with this thing. Have you polished since you had it or are u stil livin off my coat of wax??
Old 06-08-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks/sounds good
Old 06-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Trunion King

Such a beautiful car and I'm a little sad inside that you have multiple rust parts under her. Please tell me you're going to care of it.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rust??? Barely any for a northeast car...just surface rust. She is definetly taken care of, nice wash this weekend after we had hail.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Thank you for the vids sir. I have a LMII and I'm debating on some LT's to get rid of these shortys on there now. It's hard finding sound clips of a full exhaust setup with LMII.

How does it compare to a LMI with longtubes?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Gohard
Thank you for the vids sir. I have a LMII and I'm debating on some LT's to get rid of these shortys on there now. It's hard finding sound clips of a full exhaust setup with LMII.

How does it compare to a LMI with longtubes?

Well here's another video it's a walk around on my car and start up... Got stainless longtubes, stainless offroad y pipe and a LM2 with a ms4 cam. Everyone thinks i have the cutout open when they first meet me. I love pulling up to people at lights when their talking on their cell phones they give me "the look" then try to roll up there windows, when they relize that won't work they just end the call, ending cell phone driving one driver at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSb3xMeabUw

TImmy_Jones all you need is a nice cam in there ... Of course that means, if you like to play, then you have to do all the stuff i'm doing right now trans build, clutch, clutch master cylinder, rear suspension, and a rear end... Also the car sounds good at an idle a friend of mine has the same setup as mine on his GTO (only other thing done to the motor is a intake tho) and you can barely hear it at an idle and then when he starts going it gets alot louder.

Quick Reply: Longtubes, Catted Y, SLP LM2, Brakes installed! PICS