Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions appreciated...not the typical true dual question lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions appreciated...not the typical true dual question lol

So right now my exhaust system consists of pacesetter lt going into what looks like a 2" bullet style cat on one side and a factory cat on the other, then into a patchy looking Y pipe of varying diameter after that the part that goes over the axle looks really pinched to me. there are no mufflers on the car and EVERYTHING is welded together.

I just bought a vig converter so of course I need to drop the tranny now... so i looked into getting my exhaust re done with flanges at the collectors so I can drop the exhaust without cutting it and also seeing as how its pretty crappy anyways

I was quoted 500 for a true dual set up over the axles with 2.5" pipe and flowmaster hushpower bullet mufflers

so...QUESTION IS, is it worth it to go to the true duals or should i just have my current exhaust reworked a little to clear up the crappy spots and make it able to unbolt???
Old 06-08-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$500 for true duals, I would jump all over that!!
I tried getting shops to do true duals for me and no one would do it.. let alone do it for $500.
If it were me I would ditch whatever was on there and do duals for sure.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by conor.davis
$500 for true duals, I would jump all over that!!
I tried getting shops to do true duals for me and no one would do it.. let alone do it for $500.
If it were me I would ditch whatever was on there and do duals for sure.
What he said. $500.00 is a good deal if you extending them all the way out the back. Once I get my long tubes on, I have a shop that's going to charge me less than $200.00 to fab me up a dumped system with single chamber flowmasters. It's going to be the ****!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

damn i got a killer deal for true duals then, only $240 and that was with puttin in a new trans mount, also i supplied my own mufflers. you realize over the axle will quiet it down a bit from under axle right?