Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed Rumbler catback

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Speed Rumbler catback

Just want to give a shout out to Texas Speed on their Rumbler 3" catback kit for 98-02 F-bodys...

here is the link...

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp...d=195&catid=46

I was looking at different catbacks for my car which, besides a cam (224/224 .568/.568 114 lsa), ls6 intake, and lid is stock. I still have my cats and I still have factory headers. I bought this mainly because it was cheap and I figured what the hell. $275 shipped to my door Took me about 90 min to put on with a buddy (on a lift in a shop he works at). Went on smooth, everything lined up and i was even able to make the factory tips work with it.

I don't know how it would sound with ORY's or gutted cats and headers but with stock setup (exaust wise) it sounds fantastic. I mean, wow, I've had a bunch of cars with catbacks over the years and this one sounds amazing for the money. Just wanted to give you guys with stock cars something to think about.

It's not too loud (i'm about 30 and I'm over my "so loud you can't think" stage) but it has just enough start-up growl. I did not notice any drone on the highway until 80mph in 6th and even then if i turned on the radio I couldn't hear it. But when you hammer it it sounds mean.

Anyways, just very impressed, sounds great for the money! Good job Texas Speed!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will get some rasp with gutted cats or longtubes and an ory but many people run that setup and it sounds good. Just make sure you have a good merge or else you will get that jack hammering sound.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's a badass setup I have it.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty much a cheap loudmouth,with a bullet,when I put my lm1 on my car when it was all stock it sounded so good,well thousands of dollars later ask me how its sounds now ( like crap lol) happy for ya man if ya ever do longtubes ,y pipe, I would stick with a tsp catted y pipe,tsp has a really good merge set up on there ys
Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

Tough to beat for the price. $500-$600 catbacks alittle tough to stomach. Does get loud with ORY.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you like it! I too would stick with our Catted Y-pipe down the road when you get longtubes...I think it sounds better with those free flowing catbacks like our Rumbler!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

Good to hear, I'll be picking this up soon.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

My buddy with Flowmasters no cats and LT's is JEALOUS! LOL His is reaaaaly raspy. Forgot to mention, might be the go fast sound but felt like a little sop increase, but who knows.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice choice on going with the Rumbler. Definetly a nice sounding catback.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that system on my car, with LTs and an ory pipe no cats, I love it but I will say this it is loud loud loud,,I have scared the crap out of more than a few people on the highway,,but you just cant beat the sound.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Anyone have pictures of this catback with the Ractiv gray tips?
Old 02-06-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RARON455
I have that system on my car, with LTs and an ory pipe no cats, I love it but I will say this it is loud loud loud,,I have scared the crap out of more than a few people on the highway,,but you just cant beat the sound.
It's actually quieter than the Borla I had before it. I got it BECAUSE it was quieter.......... Slightly.. It's still a bit loud for me. Drones bad on the HW with stock gears.
Originally Posted by 24/48
Tough to beat for the price. $500-$600 catbacks alittle tough to stomach. Does get loud with ORY.
Oh yeah.. Kinda quiet at idle, SCREAMS up top! I've done 60-130 pulls on the HW fukin with my buddy and he said it sounded like I was gonna wake the dead..

H/C/LT/ORY Rumbler CB with baffled tips.
My LT's and ORY suck *** though. I'd like to do this with cats and Kooks LT's with a GOOD Y-pipe. With a Cam and ORY, it's loud and raspy. But sometimes I LOVE waking the dead with it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rumtQSEFzBs

(DOn't mind my buddy's comments)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGW6Y-jNtug

Idle.... No idea why the left tip flows more. Does this all the time at idle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-MIjMj4QaE

Last edited by bayer-z28; 02-06-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Glad you like it! I too would stick with our Catted Y-pipe down the road when you get longtubes...I think it sounds better with those free flowing catbacks like our Rumbler!
My buddy had this on his LT1 with Pacesetter LT's and your first design ORY and it sounded AMAZING!!!!!!! That's why I bought it.. His car was just unmistakable. If I ever get an LT1, I'm doing the EXACT same setup so it will sound like his. The rasp on his was JUST right!

Quick Reply: Texas Speed Rumbler catback