Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time For Duels...(looking at bassani) opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time For Duels...(looking at bassani) opinions needed

Alright ive finally had it with my Y-pipe to borla insane rasp with no cats. Heard a set of true duels on another car and fell in love.

Im looking at the Bassani over the axle set up but havent heard much about it on the site, anyone running this set up? with or without cats? and does it rasp at all?

I have heard that true duels eliminate most if not all of rasp as opposed to y-pipe set ups. Any truth to that?

The car already has ARH 1 7/8ths LT's on it and is now cammed
Old 08-12-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, true duals is the best way to avoid rasp and is the best sounding exhaust. No y-pipe/catback setup will beat it.

You will however have reduced ground clearance, at least with most set-ups. I scrape quite a bit. And although I've heard Borlas drone like you said, I also hear Borla XR1s sound great on a true dual setup (heard from other people, not actually heard any in real life).
Old 08-12-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh and for opinions, all I can tell you is what I've had personal experience with. I love the mufflers that came with my LPP x-pipe. They're just glasspacks but they sound great. I took them off and put 30" Sweet Thunder chambered mufflers on and didn't like it anywhere near as much. They sounded good, but not that great. I don't know why sweet thunders are so popular.

Also some info that might be useful to you, for true dual setups, 2.5" piping will support up to 500hp. And don't forget the true dual sticky.