Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Intake Manifold & Small Rear Vacuum Line and Map Sensor Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default LS3 Intake Manifold & Small Rear Vacuum Line and Map Sensor Compatibility

I have a 99 F-Body and I plan on putting an LS3 top end on it and I have a few questions.

Does the back of the LS3 intake manifold have the provision for the very small vacuum line in the rear of the manifold that is right by the bigger brake booster line? I have searched LS3 Intake Manifold vacuum line with no results.

Let's say that the LS3 intake manifold doesnt have the provision for the vacuum line. Couldn't one just unscrew the deal on the back of their LS1 intake manifold that has the stuff for the map sensor, brake booster line and small vacuum line and screw it on to their LS3 intake manifold?

Question #2: Are there any tried and true methods for properly installing an LS1 map sensor to the LS3 intake manifold? I would like to stay away from silicone if at all possible. I searched for LS3 intake manifold map sensor with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jdoyle
Old 10-20-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump. somebody help me!

anyone know the part number for the gasket on the ls3 intake manifold that goes between the intake manifold and the throttle body?

anyone know if the FAST 90mm Throttle Body Seal Part Number 54011 will work? The place that I am looking to buy my ls3 intake manifold kit from says that the kit does not come with the intake to throttle body gasket.

thanks

Last edited by jdoyle; 10-20-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdoyle
bump. somebody help me!

anyone know the part number for the gasket on the ls3 intake manifold that goes between the intake manifold and the throttle body?

anyone know if the FAST 90mm Throttle Body Seal Part Number 54011 will work? The place that I am looking to buy my ls3 intake manifold kit from says that the kit does not come with the intake to throttle body gasket.

thanks
GMPN is 12576549

no it will not per SDPC and other members.

so i guess everyone just silicones their ls1 map sensor in there because we cant run the ls3 map sensor?

or can we run the ls3 map sensor? is there some sort of converter/adapter involved?

Quick Reply: LS3 Intake Manifold & Small Rear Vacuum Line and Map Sensor Compatibility