Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Catch Can, what else...?

Old 02-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Catch Can, what else...?

When doing my engine overhaul I came across cracks in my stock pcv system, and since OEM is expensive and not that good anyways, I have decided to replace it.

I have the stock pcv system in its entirety, with two exceptions: the rubber Y at the back and the rubber going from the plastic line to the driver side valve cover (both basically came apart when removing the system, surprised I was not getting vacuum leaks beforehand...) Everything else looks passable, but the tape & rubber insulation around the pcv valve is looking shoddy...

I am looking at the RX Performance catch can, seems to be what people agree on as the quality standard, but I was wondering what else you need to install a catch can? I know there are pages of stuff on how to install/what it does/etc but nowhere I've looked tells you what you need, and where to get it? Does the obviously required extra hosing come with the catch can and just not listed...? IDK if its just some standard hosing and fittings that mechanics are familiar with and that's why its not even considered but this overhaul is my first stride into real wrenching so...

Oh and I am probably going to route it the way 405HP Z06 from this forum shows in his diagrams, the top one.

Search this Thread