Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well my issue is back....and worse then before

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

Default well my issue is back....and worse then before

here is what it was doing about 3-4 weeksago....again, sorry for the longpost

ok guys, having some issues here and im stumped...here it goes
ps, sorry if im posting in thewrong section. thinking its a tb issue thats why im here

the car.... a 1998 z28 M6 car with 90000 miles

Driving during the day.....

While doing so, i noticed that when i pushed in the clutch and held it, the rpms would drop and stay at 1400 rpms instead of the regular 1000. ok no big deal. My check engine light did come on, but it has been on and off for a while no because of my right rear o2 sensor

Go to start it tonight, and this happens......
no check engine light anymore. I start it, and it starts, but kinda struggles to keep running. rpms are around 800ish and this has never ever happened before. start driving right away. as i go to shift from 1st to 2nd, rpms drop a lot quicker than usuall, and go straight down to 750-800. shift to second. drive, shift to third...does the same thing. I hold the clutch in for a little and it just stays all the way down at 750-800. everytime i push in the clutch, the rpms drop very quickly down below idle. i keep driving and even when warmed up it does the same thing. if i hold the clutch in, come to a complete stop, the rpms again drop to 700, then rise a little to the 750-800. also, i was going down a big long hill, and i put it in neutral for the hill. during my descent down, the rpms would go to 900, then 2-3 econds later drop to 750. then immediately goes back to 900. did this for the entire 3 seconds down the hill. i pull into a gas station, after ten minutes since startup and its fine. idling at 1000. rev it up, drops back to 1000. operating normal. let it sit for a few minutes whilepumping, start it up and its fine again. My idle oil pressure is normal at 30, not sure if relevent. any input is greatly appreciated. thanks

now today...it got worse.....i paarked my car and about 3 hrs later, i try to start it but the battery is dead. ok fine. so i pop start it andit starts fine. i dont think any lights were left on and i was like ok whatever... amp gauge was readinglike 13.5. im guessing the system reset or something because my radio time was off by like 2 hrs. i drive about 2 minutes. park on ahill, and shut the car off. try to start it and it started right up... about an hr later i goto start it again, andthis time it barely starts. now before i got out i double checked that nothing was on, and i sat in my car when i locked it and made sure no lights wereon except my blinking security light cause the system was armed.....drive an hour and its fine... about 6-8 hours later tonight, i try to start it and it barely cranks over... when it starts, it stays at 1300 for a second, then shoots up to exactly 2000.... i give it a few seconds and it stays there.....so i give the gas a quick push, rpms go up to 3500, sit for a hair second, then slowly go down to 2000 and it stays there....do it again and same thing. so i shut it off, turn it back on and does the same thing....so i pop the hood and push on the throttle arm...rpms go up, but again back to 2000. I knock on the little black box where the cable from my peddle i pulled the cable towards the front bumper and even with the slack out, rpms stay high. the tb isnt sticking, and even with it all the way "closed" the rpms are high.... after it runs for another minute i shut it off. try to start it again but now the battery is dead. not sure whats going on hene why im here. not sure if the issue is causing my battery to drain. i really dont wanna take it to the shop tom morning and have it sit there for 2 days so i couldreally use some help guys...thanks a lit
Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Double thread lock.......