Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

top end build need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top end build need opinions

Sup guys,

I'm looking to put a new top end and bigger cam in the car when i get back from afghanistan. I'm going to pickup the stage 1 ls6 head and cam kit from tsp and plan on getting the torquer v2 as well as the timing chain, oil pump, and lifters to go with it.

I'm trying to get as much reliable power out of the car as possible without compromising daily drivability. I dont mind spending some extra coin for a superior setup within limitations of course.

with that being said:

what intake + TB will work best for the setup mentioned above?
will i need to upgrade injectors?
is there anything im overlooking that i should upgrade / replace will im at it?

vehicle info in sig
Old 07-14-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ran that combo once and really liked it. LS6 intake and get your TB ported and polished. Your stock injectors ought to be ok, mine were. You shouldn't need lifters. Just get the pushrods,double springs and some titanium retainers and you ought to be good to go.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beanhead
Sup guys,

I'm looking to put a new top end and bigger cam in the car when i get back from afghanistan. I'm going to pickup the stage 1 ls6 head and cam kit from tsp and plan on getting the torquer v2 as well as the timing chain, oil pump, and lifters to go with it.

I'm trying to get as much reliable power out of the car as possible without compromising daily drivability. I dont mind spending some extra coin for a superior setup within limitations of course.

with that being said:

what intake + TB will work best for the setup mentioned above?
will i need to upgrade injectors?
is there anything im overlooking that i should upgrade / replace will im at it?

vehicle info in sig
the best intake would be a fast manifold and matching tb. but if you bought a fast you would need to buy aftermarket fuel rails aswell. honestly i would just stay with a ls6 if you have it already on your car and have your tb p&p. than just try and find a good deal on a used fast overtime.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

thats good to hear... I just dont want to cheap myself out on the heads by choking them with the intake. Is there any benefit to upgrading the maf or tb while using the ls6 intake?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you should get bigger injectors,maybe #32.get the single spring cam pkg ,reuse the stock retainers.a used fast intake with a matching TB will gain 10 rwhp over a ls6 intake and a ported ls1 TB.consider a frost mail order tune.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:34 AM
Staging Lane

I'm going to get a dyno tune once everything is installed and see what my duty cycle is and by injectors accordingly. I realize that the fast setup is worth atleast 10 rwhp but i think for the cash right now i'm just gonna go with the ls6 and a P&P. Unless i can find a real steal.