Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98-02 Trans Am Camaro Stainless Steel AIR LID w Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98-02 Trans Am Camaro Stainless Steel AIR LID w Nitrous

What do you guys think about this lid? its cheaper than other lids but I have never seen a stainless steel lid or even heard of people with these. Its $69.00 on eBay.

Description:
"98-02 Polished Stainless Steel 90mm LS1/LS6 Nitrous Ready High Flow Lid

Auction is for one new ls1 polished stainless steel lid with dual nitrous bungs. Item fits the 98-02 LS1/LS6 Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Trans Am. Finally a great looking solution for under the hood and functional at the same time. This lid features 2 nitrous bungs on either side, resulting in the perfect setup to run your dry nitrous kit equally spraying from both sides. The bungs accept the most common nozzle size so installation is a breeze. The lid is finished off with a mirror polish finish to match your other under hood custom accessories. Also, expect a 5-10 HP and TQ increase depending on setup. The metal lid is plenty strong so don't worry about nitrous backfires shattering your plastic lids. So ditch your plastic stocker or aftermarket ill fitting plastic lids that fade and go with one that functions and lasts. If you don't run nitrous the lid comes with anodized fittings to keep both bungs closed when not in use. No couplers are included because everyone has different MAF/TB setups. Large side hole is for engines with AIR, it can easily be plugged up. Lid outlet is ~90mm, sized to accept aftermarket large MAFs, however a coupler is recommended for a good seal. If you need a smaller lid outlet, please check our store for the same lid but with a ~100mm outlet opening."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...Q5fAccessories

Attached Thumbnails 98-02 Trans Am Camaro Stainless Steel AIR LID w Nitrous-stainless-steel-lid.jpg  
Old 08-03-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wtf? i didn't even read all of that but i will say 2 things:

real mean won't use it because:

it is too heavy
and who the **** sprays through the lid? bitches, that's who...
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Dang, would probably look nice but I think I will just buy me a SLP lid and be done with it. Mainly because the SLP lids have been proven to work pretty well and probably weigh less.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by JVJLS1
So ditch your plastic stocker or aftermarket ill fitting plastic lids that fade and go with one that functions and lasts. I
My slp lid fits and functions just fine, with no fade. No thanks, I'd recommend a slp lid over this.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Yea i was just wondering if anyone had seen this before or used it. I'm looking for a good lid and ran into this on eBay. The price was what got my attention. But i mean it is most probably heavier and probably absorbs heat and heats up the cold air goin through right? OK so this SLP lid, is it better that the fast toyz one? I'm stuck between getting one of these two lids.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JVJLS1
Yea i was just wondering if anyone had seen this before or used it. I'm looking for a good lid and ran into this on eBay. The price was what got my attention. But i mean it is most probably heavier and probably absorbs heat and heats up the cold air goin through right? OK so this SLP lid, is it better that the fast toyz one? I'm stuck between getting one of these two lids.
A lid is a lid brah... read the stickies.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

there have been a couple threads on this. People have bought that lid with offers as low as 25 bucks when they got it fit like crap after some persuasion people got it to fit pretty good but still not worth it to me imo
Old 08-04-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

With a lid get the cheapest one possible without buying knockoff crap like this. Fast toys and SLP lids are going to fit the exact same and give you the same results
Old 08-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Cool I think Im going SLP. Thanks Guys.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Just get the SLP lid
Old 08-09-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

It doesn't look as nice in person as in the pic. You won't want to install it on your car.

Quick Reply: 98-02 Trans Am Camaro Stainless Steel AIR LID w Nitrous