Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High RPM miss

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default High RPM miss

For the last 10 years or so I have been chasing a high RPM miss in my 99 Z-28. It started around 4200 and would miss until about 4800 RPm. I took it to several shops and even put it on the Dyno at Speed South in Pelam, Al. ( nice folks), with no solutions other it was seeing knock and pulling timing out. While searching on this website one evening I came across a thread talking about the same expierence I was having. The issue there was it only started after they installed a underdrive balancer. I sat and tried to recall when mine started doing it and realised it was shortly after I put a SLP cold air duct and a SLP underdrive pulley on. I rounded op a stock balancer and bolt etc. and changed it back. PROBLEM SOLVED, ran right up to the rev limiter. SOOO after spending several thousand dollars it seems the SLP part was defective. My question is has anyone else had this issue and if you are currently having this problem you might want to check your balancer out. Bill