LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation III External Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine-6/)
-   -   Tsp true duals with Sweet Thunders too loud for neighbors! What now? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/1489958-tsp-true-duals-sweet-thunders-too-loud-neighbors-what-now.html)

QIK E 11-26-2011 10:30 AM

Tsp true duals with Sweet Thunders too loud for neighbors! What now?

I hate to say it, but my exhaust is too loud for my neighborhood. My friends tell me they can hear me coming from a mile away. I was debating on the sweet thunders vs a 1 chamber muffler when I orginally bought this setup.

Would a 1 chamber flowmaster style muffler be quieter?

Would 2 chamber flowmasters fit in the true dual setup with turn downs before the axle still? Anyone run a 2 chamber setup?

I love the sound, but I'm just thinking of my neighbors.

BOBS99SS 11-26-2011 10:36 AM

have they said anything yet? if your looking to dial it down i would look into magnaflow bullets, and maybe run the pipes out the back, that should help alot,

QIK E 11-26-2011 12:28 PM

My girlfriend's neighborhood hollered "you don't have to rev it" as I was backing up into her driveway the other night. I wasn't "reving" it lol.

I always heard bullets are just as loud as the sweet thunders. I'm thinking chambered now.

Fry_ 11-26-2011 04:12 PM

Run open headers for a week or to then they'll be thankful when you put the sweet thunders back on. LOL:D or move somewhere where you are surrounded by rednecks with loud trucks.

Detoxx03 11-26-2011 04:36 PM

Loud exhaust gets old after a while. Get a slp powerflo and have a nice aggressive sound while still not being too quiet.

MiniLSx 11-26-2011 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fry_ (Post 15664022)
Run open headers for a week or to then they'll be thankful when you put the sweet thunders back on. LOL:D or move somewhere where you are surrounded by rednecks with loud trucks.

THIS! my neighbors HATE me and my dad. but we hate them too, so its all good :D

adamantium 11-26-2011 05:43 PM

stock exhaust and e cutout, best of both worlds.

TImmy_Jones 11-26-2011 08:47 PM

Is your car an M6? My dumped Y pipe setup is crazy loud, but not too bad with a 6 speed, I cannot imagine an auto...

I don't think the 1 chambers would quiet it down much, I have a bullet and a Flowmaster 10 setup, the 10 is quieter, but not by much and is just deeper. You wanna look at Hooker or Magnaflow for a quiet sound, but neither of those will really fit under the floor-pan without some bashing of the floor panels.

VandykeT/A 11-26-2011 10:14 PM

I bet with the 1 chambers you'll still piss off the neighbors lol. I had em on my camaro.

sams02Z28 11-26-2011 10:18 PM

Get new neighbors!!:D

AmarilloWS6 11-26-2011 10:44 PM

I had the single flow on my car with stock manifolds and cats and it was even pretty loud, a guy at my exhaust shop has a T/A with true duals, no cats, and single chamber flows and it's louder than hell, I would get 2 chamber mufflers if you want to quiet it down

sixvi6-camaro 11-27-2011 01:08 PM

I used to have 1 chambers and switched to Sweet thunders. The 1 chambers will be just as loud but have the added bonus of such a deep bass rumble it will rattle things in the house. So probably not a good idea to go with 1 chambers.

3rdCoastPowerSports 11-27-2011 01:30 PM

i had strait pipes and 1 chambers on my 383 stroker motor and always got complaints from neighbors in the apartment complex i was living in, i changed my mufflers to 2 chamber flows and that quieted it down alot.

a-low 11-27-2011 09:25 PM

I also got td's dumped with sweet thunders too. It was all good but kinda
tired of them now after the 3800 stall. Bet neighbors dont like it
becuase i leave the house at 6 am. Cant wait till i get my cam lol.

QIK E 11-28-2011 07:04 AM

Thanks for the replies everybody. It's a M6 car so I can keep it a little quieter driving in. It's cranking it in the morning that sounds like a bomb went off lol.

I'll just keep my eye out for some used two chamber flowmasters on craigslist. My neighbors will just have to deal with it on the weekends until then!

QIK E 11-28-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by 3rdCoastPowerSports (Post 15666932)
i had strait pipes and 1 chambers on my 383 stroker motor and always got complaints from neighbors in the apartment complex i was living in, i changed my mufflers to 2 chamber flows and that quieted it down alot.

Thank you

BOBS99SS 11-28-2011 07:10 AM

i leave for work at 4 am, ms4 ,tsp duals with sweet thunders, they all love me lol. when i go to my parents house i have to park at the end of the street , i set off at least 8 car alarms lol.i had a magnaflow catback before and everyone still complained about that,so i said screw it

CHADsterss 11-28-2011 12:34 PM

You're supposed to make your neighbors hate you with loud exhaust ;) Mine haven't complained yet... I guess it's not loud enough running it dumped off the Ipipe with no muffler.

Rise of the Phoenix 11-28-2011 12:49 PM

Who gives a fuck what your neighbors think. It's a free country and if you like the way they sound, then that's all that matters.

Zmg00camaross 11-28-2011 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix (Post 15670504)
Who gives a fuck what your neighbors think. It's a free country and if you like the way they sound, then that's all that matters.

THIS, But we are from Mid Mo so thats the way it is around here.:D