Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani True-Dual Exhaust Systems WITH headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bassani True-Dual Exhaust Systems WITH headers

as stated does anyone have the Bassani True-Dual Exhaust Systems (for 4th gen fbody) WITH headers or does anyone know if will work with headers???

pics or any info would be helpful
Old 04-25-2012, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

That system was made to work with stock manifolds or shorties IIRC.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
That system was made to work with stock manifolds or shorties IIRC.
thats what i thought to BUT i wanted to know if anyone is using it with lts or made it work with them
Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, there are several people running this system. One guy that comes to mind is this guy right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnUeofOr84Q There are several videos of his car--it's got a heads and cam setup now. The vid is when he was just bolt ons.

He is a member on here, screen name is "bene." Look him up--he's a nice guy and I actually PM'd him about his duals with a few questions myself.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

thank you sir, just sent him a PM
Old 04-26-2012, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6
thank you sir, just sent him a PM
No prob. This exhaust is really nice. For a long time, I had planned on getting it. I still may, but now I'm leaning more towards a 3" y-pipe-->4" merge-->4" cutout-->3" catback for a few different reasons. Can't beat true duals for sound, though!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

does anyone know if i can run this system with a tunnel mounted TQ arm?? i have a MWC setup
Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6
does anyone know if i can run this system with a tunnel mounted TQ arm?? i have a MWC setup
I don't think you can, but don't quote me on it. When I was searching around on it, I think I remember seeing it wasn't able to be used with tunnel mounted TAs or something like that. Don't take my word for it, google it and see what you get.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Macs98Z
I don't think you can, but don't quote me on it. When I was searching around on it, I think I remember seeing it wasn't able to be used with tunnel mounted TAs or something like that. Don't take my word for it, google it and see what you get.
i tryed google and didnt find anything unless i missed it
Old 05-02-2012, 06:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Where can I buy this system? I cannot find it on the net ANYWHERE!!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PheonixLS1
Where can I buy this system? I cannot find it on the net ANYWHERE!!
Ws6 store has it and couple other places
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Macs-that's the setup I went with. 3-4" merge 4" cutout 3" back. Big difference.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00transamws6
Macs-that's the setup I went with. 3-4" merge 4" cutout 3" back. Big difference.
That's good to know! What was the big difference from? Stock? Or did you have another system that was choked up?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went from SLP old style headers, their Y-pipe, and cats, to a 3" cutout to 3" back to a Spintech muffler.
So I went with a Flowmaster 3"-4" merge, 4" cutout and got rid of the cats. Everything else is the same.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00transamws6
I went from SLP old style headers, their Y-pipe, and cats, to a 3" cutout to 3" back to a Spintech muffler.
So I went with a Flowmaster 3"-4" merge, 4" cutout and got rid of the cats. Everything else is the same.
Interesting. What was the difference in sound between the two cutouts? Does the 4 inch merge and cutout make it sound less like a y-pipe setup, if you know what I mean? The only thing I don't like about the y-pipes is that they don't sound as nice as the duals. I'm wondering if the 4 inch merge/cutout helps that some.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:19 AM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got this system and just installed not to long ago. Its a great system and so far i love it. Yes it will fit with headers. What I did is i bought some 3" to 2.5" reducers. put the system on loosely to see where i needed for the headers. Then i cut the bassani and welded the reducers on. The kit fits on nice and tucks up very well. It sounds great with no drone and no raspy sound. I think it sounds like a muscle car should, plus it should flow as much or more than a 4" pipe system will if i remember correctly based on the cross section.

Only thing is it is louder than i thought it would be. Other thing i'm not sure I like how they route the pipes for the tips. Not a huge fan of that but it works and looks good once you get it on.

I was curious about the tunnel mount TA also as i will be installing a 4l80e and will be needing something like that. The pipes do tuck up next to the drive shaft pretty well so i wouldn't see a big problem in getting it to fit. Might need a few modifications to work properly.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gpr
I got this system and just installed not to long ago. Its a great system and so far i love it. Yes it will fit with headers. What I did is i bought some 3" to 2.5" reducers. put the system on loosely to see where i needed for the headers. Then i cut the bassani and welded the reducers on. The kit fits on nice and tucks up very well. It sounds great with no drone and no raspy sound. I think it sounds like a muscle car should, plus it should flow as much or more than a 4" pipe system will if i remember correctly based on the cross section.

Only thing is it is louder than i thought it would be. Other thing i'm not sure I like how they route the pipes for the tips. Not a huge fan of that but it works and looks good once you get it on.

I was curious about the tunnel mount TA also as i will be installing a 4l80e and will be needing something like that. The pipes do tuck up next to the drive shaft pretty well so i wouldn't see a big problem in getting it to fit. Might need a few modifications to work properly.
thanks for the info and keep us undated on how things go

does the driveside pipe that comes off the header hang lower then the rest of the system??? iv seen some pics and it looked to be

is your car lowered? if so how room you have between the exhaust and ground?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gpr

Do you have any pics of it installed? I'd like to see it.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't have any pics. i could try and take some with my phone but that's about as good as i can do right now. I think the pipes off both headers tucked up nicely. the driver side one is now welded in place, and is tucked nicely. I think if i would have played with it more it would tuck up even more.

My car isn't lowered but has plenty of clearance. The nice thing about the system is there are almost infinately adjustable. So it took me a while to get it all on and in the right places. Once i did thought it all fit really nice and snug.

I don't have many miles on it as once i got this done i think i drove the car twice more and took out the rear end and has been sitting until i get time fix.

I'd recommend the system. I looked around at a lot of different places and finally once i bought it got it for under $900 shipped to my door. For a true dual system that goes from headers to tail pipes you couldn't get a regular system and Y pipe for that price.

I'll try to get pics of it and measure the ground clearance.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where did you find it for that price??

Quick Reply: Bassani True-Dual Exhaust Systems WITH headers