Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTS-V T56, LS1 with an early 6.0 crank .400" extra flange, starter not work. Help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow CTS-V T56, LS1 with an early 6.0 crank .400" extra flange, starter not work. Help.

Ok, so I am getting further and further into this nightmare of mine. I had an ls1 in my FC Rx7 mated with a t56 from a CTS-V. The bellhousing was a little longer and it came with the dual-mass flywheel so it made no difference (other than the heavy *** flywheel).

I threw a rod through the block and ended up having to get a new block that came with a crank. The block was a 5.7 and I never bothered checking the flange on the crank as I never knew they were any different. I got the engine put together and the first problem I ran into was the CTS-V dual mass flywheel not fitting or the bolts catching thread.

I ended up ditching the CTS-V flywheel and getting an ls7 setup from a forum member and everything fit. I order the Katech spacer and realized that I didn't even need it because of the crank. Now the starter won't catch and I have no idea what to do short of completely taking my engine back out of my car and rebuilding the engine with another crank. Halp.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you are saying that when the starter plunges out, it doesnt make contact with the ring gear on the flywheel? If that is the case, I kniw MSD makes a starter that you can shim, and it is actually less than a GM starter.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How many of these damn threads are you gonna post?

Quick Reply: CTS-V T56, LS1 with an early 6.0 crank .400" extra flange, starter not work. Help.