Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 vs LS6 fuel rails/injectors when upgrading LS1 intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 vs LS6 fuel rails/injectors when upgrading LS1 intake

Currently looking to buy an LS6 Intake Manifold, but am wondering if I should continue looking for a "complete" package with the LS6 rails and injectors. I have been told that the LS6 injectors are great to port and flow match when needing to upgrade in the future.

Should I just save the money on trying to get the LS6 fuel rails and injectors and just use the ones that are on my LS1 right now?

What's everyones opinion on this? Its going to be a full bolt on car for now, so obviously there wont be any need for larger injectors in the immediate future.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2012, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS6 fuel rails are the same as LS1 fuel rails. Some year LS1s use the same injector as the LS6. Otherwise you must get it tuned or it will not run right. No performance gains to be had by getting a larger injector unless you are maxing out the ones you already have. If you are just going to a LS6 intake and nothing else for now. the intake will bolt right in using existing components. As far as porting and matching, fuelinjectorconnection.com ported and flow matched a set of OEM injectors to flow 36lbs for me for less than half of what a set of new red tops costs.

Quick Reply: LS1 vs LS6 fuel rails/injectors when upgrading LS1 intake