Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSx 408 4th Gen Fbody Motor Plate install... Thought I would share..

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 02:09 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default LSx 408 4th Gen Fbody Motor Plate install... Thought I would share..

Special Thanks to Bob Ette at aeicnc.com

I have a Spohn Tubular K-Member and had the pedestal style engine mounts... I wanted to go to a motor plate for many many reasons...

so I did...

did several things at once...Motor Plate, Powerbastards.com 250amp 1wire alternator, battery relocation, 1 gauge wire, Meziere Electric Water Pump

A little test Fitting

Strut tower brackets tack welded into location

we had to machine down the Power steering Bracket and the Alternator Bracket to work with the motor plate as well...Power steering Bolts now come thru the back of the motor plate and thru the bracket and nuts hold the pump on tight instead of the bracket mounting to the head like it does from the factory...
sorry I dont have any good pictures of the power steering bracket...forgot to take pictures of it before putting it on the motor plate

but basically we had to take off 3/8 of an inch for the Alternator bracket for the parts of it that touch the motor plate
and we had to take off that plus a little more for the power steering bracket as the motor plate does not(and should not) touch the heads...

The Alternator Bracket shaved for the motor plate

and some mounted complete pics

Quick Reply: LSx 408 4th Gen Fbody Motor Plate install... Thought I would share..