LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation III External Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine-6/)
-   -   You guys are crazy if... (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/1566483-you-guys-crazy-if.html)

Dead Hook 07-17-2012 11:11 PM

You guys are crazy if...

You think the LM2's are loud. Ya I know, I'm stock with cats, but this thing is still quiet. I put in the LM2 in place of a large single Flowmaster the PO installed and I thought this thing would really be loud. :mullet:

I guess most of you haven't owned classic muscle before, cause my radio in my Chevy II is worthless at any RPM over idle and I love it. Wonder what it would sound like if I removed the "muffler" and replaced it with a straight pipe? :drive:

85CamaroZ28 07-17-2012 11:36 PM

I don't thin anyone said its loud with stock manifolds and cats. Add longtubes and ory and it will get real old real quick.

bandit1transam01 07-17-2012 11:39 PM

2nd on longtubes... most beautiful sound in the world :))

MrBluGruv 07-17-2012 11:40 PM

IMO, LM1 was always the real loudmouth, while LM2 was the loudmouth for people that actually wanted to have a muffler instead of pretend-mufflers in straight-through piping. Both have their place, just don't fool yourself about what role either one fulfills...

slammedc5 07-18-2012 12:58 AM

Trust me, I'm loud. True duals, big cam, headers, no cats and no mufflers. I'm louder than all the old school hot rods at the car cruises. Sounds killer. No rasp.

kyoytey1693 07-18-2012 01:43 AM

Times 3 or 4 on the LT's and ORY. It's loud. I actually prefer the LM1 over the the LM2. I think it sounds better. The only reason I went with the LM2 was due to getting pulled over and warned about too loud of exhaust a few times and I was just cruising when I was pulled over. I would love to put the LM1 back on.

Add some long tubes, ORY, and get rid of the cats and tell us if you can still hear that radio :)

2win_SS 07-18-2012 04:31 AM

Lmao wel ther is your 1st problem.... Your comparing old school muscle(true DUALS) with our FBodies(Ypipe)

If you want a good sounding exhaust but a true dual from TSP...

Tell us what u think then...

SSCamaro99_3 07-18-2012 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dead Hook (Post 16529505)
You think the LM2's are loud. Ya I know, I'm stock with cats, but this thing is still quiet. I put in the LM2 in place of a large single Flowmaster the PO installed and I thought this thing would really be loud. :mullet:

I guess most of you haven't owned classic muscle before, cause my radio in my Chevy II is worthless at any RPM over idle and I love it. Wonder what it would sound like if I removed the "muffler" and replaced it with a straight pipe? :drive:

Apparently you have not been reading. The consensus is the LMI/II is fine on stock/near stock cars. Even LT/ORY's it is not so much the volume that is the issue, it is the abhorrently shitty rasp from 2300-3000 rpm. Sounds like the car has spent too much time at the TAco Bell drive through. I can speak to this subject very well. Had LMI with stock exhaust/Stock Manifolds and ORY/LT's and ORY, and traded the LMI out for duals inside of 2 months.

Methinks we are not the crazy ones.

'00_Z 07-18-2012 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3 (Post 16530801)
Apparently you have not been reading. The consensus is the LMI/II is fine on stock/near stock cars. Even LT/ORY's it is not so much the volume that is the issue, it is the abhorrently shitty rasp from 2300-3000 rpm. Sounds like the car has spent too much time at the TAco Bell drive through. I can speak to this subject very well. Had LMI with stock exhaust/Stock Manifolds and ORY/LT's and ORY, and traded the LMI out for duals inside of 2 months.

x1000

*02WS6TURK* 07-18-2012 02:01 PM

Take your skirt off already and slap a cam in it w/ a electric cut out and LT's. Until then........

blackpala96 07-18-2012 02:09 PM

i have a LM1 resonator for sale if u want it

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android

Dead Hook 07-18-2012 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK* (Post 16531322)
Take your skirt off already and slap a cam in it w/ a electric cut out and LT's. Until then........

LOL. Look to the left to see my location. The tree huggin' hippies out here want us to drive a prius and stare at rainbows. :gay:

udienow 07-19-2012 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3 (Post 16530801)

Perfectly said.

MikeWS6 07-19-2012 02:34 PM

I have long tubes, off road y pipe to the lm1 and I wouldnt trade it for any other exhaust. :devil: