Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about cutting up my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking about cutting up my exhaust

Right now I'm running what looks like a Magnaflow Quad-tip exhaust with some random muffler(Or whatever exhaust and just the Quad-tips? lol). I was thinking about cutting the muffler off and possibly putting in two of these that will be right after the diff. I just want to change it up a bit because to me the idle is just too quite for my taste. I'd even consider just running it straight piped all the way back.

Anybody have an idea as to how it would sound? I do not mind raspy exhaust notes at all as I have run around most of the summer with open headers. I know videos are a good resource, but they don't exactly give the most accurate portrayal so anybody with experience in powerstick type piping, please chime in!!

http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/products.html

And this is what the car sounds like now.

4k rev after a cold start (You can hear the AIR system still going, took care of that a while back!)

And in-car WoT
Old 08-13-2012, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nobody has played with chambered muffler piping? lol
Old 08-14-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

GMMG would be the closest soundwise for what you are doing. Sounds great with some rasp once cats are gone and even more sans exhaust manis, add LTs.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
GMMG would be the closest soundwise for what you are doing. Sounds great with some rasp once cats are gone and even more sans exhaust manis, add LTs.
I figured that would probably be the closest to what I am trying to accomplish. Any particular brands I should consider over others?