Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Starter Number or Application?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Truck Starter Number or Application?

I have been reading about the LS1 starters possibly breaking off an ear of the block. I wanted to do the truck starter upgrade on my '02 T/A.
I have seen here people ordering a starter for a '01 Vette, I checked on the NAPA site and it's the same one with the long/short bolts.

I tried '02-'04 Chevy trucks....finally showed starters that used 2 long bolts but there are many different part numbers and I don't have any idea which one would fit. While I searched, I read that someone on here got a truck starter the would not clear the flywheel shield consequently the bolts would not line up.
Obviously this is what I want to avoid. I have searched all over for the past couple of days, this is giving me a headache!

To anybody that did this, can you remember what application you asked for or do you remember what the part number was?
Sorry about asking such a basic question, I'm usually pretty good about cross referencing parts but this one is getting to me.
I have been out of the LS1 loop for a few years but recently bought a '02 WS6 Trans Am ( I regretted selling my '01 T/A) and wanted to upgrade a few things on it such as the starter.

I would really appreciate any help this.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Truck Starter Number or Application?