Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE!!!! Bought TSP Stainless True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't sound bad at all IMO. A cam swap will definitely make it meaner.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are those the mufflers that come with it?
Old 03-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Are those the mufflers that come with it?
Yea, it's their in house rumbler bullets.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
It needs a cam and the clip doesn't do its justice, sounds way better in person. I'll have some better vids over the weekend.
good deal man. i like the idea of true duals, shame that it has to be aftermarket only on these cars, and ground clearance looks like an issue
Old 03-20-2014, 09:56 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by Bill Smoke
good deal man. i like the idea of true duals, shame that it has to be aftermarket only on these cars, and ground clearance looks like an issue
Not gonna lie, the ground clearance is better then my previous ypipe/catback setup. Only downfall is some interior rattling during cruising speeds.

Last edited by BoricuaHec01; 03-20-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:29 PM
Teching In

need to update your sig pic now that you got some new pipes
Old 03-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by Bill Smoke
need to update your sig pic now that you got some new pipes

I can't lol, gotta keep the orginal appearance for the sig.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Awesome job on building it in Stainless steel TSP! My recommendation about the video, your probably not getting a good sound because you put the camera right next to the tail pipe, try at least 6 feet behind the car raised above the ground because sound rises. Also some camera microphones will lower the sound when it is to high of a dB for it to record.Thank you for the write up, very possible I may purchase this exhaust.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy
Awesome job on building it in Stainless steel TSP! My recommendation about the video, your probably not getting a good sound because you put the camera right next to the tail pipe, try at least 6 feet behind the car raised above the ground because sound rises. Also some camera microphones will lower the sound when it is to high of a dB for it to record.Thank you for the write up, very possible I may purchase this exhaust.
Yea man, I for sure did a half *** job on the recording, just wanted to get a quick cold start but this weekend I will make some better quality clips including revs, idles and WOT pulls.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Teching In

I ordered my TD's back in Jan. and immediately after delivery I noticed they switched to stainless, man how I wish i could've swapped for stainless. Looks good OP, how the clearance on the driver side at the headers? I had a bit of a time getting the figment right and that L1 or L2 pipe is my lowest point, about 1.5" off the ground (looking to replace the sportlines a previous owner put on)

I knew there would be a catch with the discount I got on mine! Oh well still love em, and mine is safely in a garage away from the salty air.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received mine a couple days ago. Package was in great shape and well packed but upon opening i noticed that couple of the ends were bent or shaped wrong. Emailed TSP and Lonnie is taking care of it for me. Didnt argue with me or anything just gave me some options and said what do you want to do and Ill take care of it. Sent him a response this morning and got a response back in no time. I run a large store myself so I know that no matter what nothing is going to arrive perfect all the time. Its all in how you handle it and I have to say so far TSP is taking care of it just the way I expect my guys to take care of my customers.

Plus these look like they will give me way better clearance then I have at the moment with my y-pipe magnaflow set up.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

my mods are in my sig.. I wanna get this setup but I am worried about ground clearance.. can the bullets be tucked up a little tighter or is that just the way it is?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raynor139
Received mine a couple days ago. Package was in great shape and well packed but upon opening i noticed that couple of the ends were bent or shaped wrong. Emailed TSP and Lonnie is taking care of it for me. Didnt argue with me or anything just gave me some options and said what do you want to do and Ill take care of it. Sent him a response this morning and got a response back in no time. I run a large store myself so I know that no matter what nothing is going to arrive perfect all the time. Its all in how you handle it and I have to say so far TSP is taking care of it just the way I expect my guys to take care of my customers.

Plus these look like they will give me way better clearance then I have at the moment with my y-pipe magnaflow set up.
I had the same problem with mine last week, but it wasnt very bad. 2 of the ends on the X were slightly out of round. After rotating the pipes in a few different positions and using a little muscle it went together fine. Something to look out for.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jake the SSnake
I had the same problem with mine last week, but it wasnt very bad. 2 of the ends on the X were slightly out of round. After rotating the pipes in a few different positions and using a little muscle it went together fine. Something to look out for.
The end of the muffler piece that slides into the x-pipe was actually bent inwards like it either was dropped or hit hard on one side and another was so out of shape that I couldn't even start it into the pipe. One piece that had a small bend in I was able to take care of by hand. Had to take the others by an exhaust shop and have them put em on a machine that reshaped em correctly. Not a big deal for me since I have a exhaust place less then a mile from me.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:48 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Just me, but ground clearance was actually BETTER with my TSP TD's than it was with my Y pipe setup.

That, and they sounded oh, I don't know... about a thousand times better.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Just me, but ground clearance was actually BETTER with my TSP TD's than it was with my Y pipe setup.

That, and they sounded oh, I don't know... about a thousand times better.
x2, I'm real impressed with the ground clearance to be honest. I haven't scraped yet compared to my previous y-pipe set up; ground clearance is definitely better with the TD's but of course depending on installation.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

they sound good, are they made in the USA?
Old 06-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
It needs a cam and the clip doesn't do its justice, sounds way better in person. I'll have some better vids over the weekend.
It's been 3 months, where are these better videos at?
Old 06-23-2014, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These would bolt right up nice to the headers I just bought, could've saved $150 too cuz no y pipe needed. A lil paranoid about ground clearance with this TDs but they look sweet! Prolly sound a lil better than gmmg?

Last edited by flintwrench69; 06-23-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Can't wait till I get mine only 100 bucks away on my piggy bank lol

Quick Reply: UPDATE!!!! Bought TSP Stainless True Duals