Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP 1 7/8 header and Y pipe install problems!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sales3@Texas-Speed
Just an FYI for everyone else reading this thread, we fully stand behind our products and offered DannoWS6 a full refund on the y-pipe provided that it hadn't been modified.... He chose to keep the y-pipe and change out the torque arm / driveshaft loop instead. So all costs needed to make this work is on him.

All in all, when running any aftermarket suspension parts and ordering exhaust products whether through us or anywhere else, it's always a good idea to call first to make sure there won't be any interference issues with your set up. This thread is a good example of that.

Lonnie
I agree Lonnie, it's always a good idea to do your homework first. I did not do enough. However when I posed the question afterwards on what components might work I never got a straight answer to be totally honest.

I believe even if I called first you may not have had the answer for me, nor did your associate that tried to help me via email after the fact. You guys actually sell the same exact product(s) that were on my car that don't fit, just fyi. I don't expect you guys to have a crystal ball, it is what it is now, but now you know.

TSP did offer me a refund on the Y pipe, minus a 20% restocking fee.
I was pretty well committed to making these headers work at this point and it seemed fairly unfruitful taking any other direction.

Your right again, the cost to make this product work was all on me. What you guys sell is actually a pretty nice 1 7/8 header for a nice price and an all stainless Y pipe, again for a pretty nice price. Components that come with no claims or guarantees to any type of fitment. I knew that coming into it and its fine. I'm not even blaming TSP here, it is what it is. I bought something having done little research, a product without making any false pretense it would work with my setup or any setup for that matter, took the plunge, and here we are.

I am almost done this little project and both consumer and vendor goals will be accomplished. My posting again is just sharing the experience to be taken as a chance to learn. Hence this is where doing your homework comes into play and maybe somebody else will via this thread. This is not my first purchase through TSP and probably not my last. I prefer supporting vendors on this forum and appreciate the open communication. I don't want to be a dick that slams folks trying go make a living over a $500 exhaust, I got what I paid for and I'll make it work.

When I posted this thread initially it was a way for me to gauge my next steps, other members who chimed in gave me ideas on what components would work with this exhaust. Some of the feedback I got certainly helped, so thanks to those who chimed in as well. I think I will be happy with it when I'm done and I will try to recoup some of my additional expenditure selling off old components to be fair.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:30 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Right off the bat, a lot of Spohn's components have been known to not fit well with a lot of things. At all.

Glad you got it all sorted, but it does seem like you're crying a bit. It's part of the game. Mods aren't all "cut and dry" and "one size fits all."

Look at my threads posted. In particular when I did a MagnaMouth conversion. I made the TSP Y pipe a TRUE 3" merge. It involved some TIG welding as I wanted EVERYTHING stainless.

In the end, I was MORE THAN HAPPY with the end result, as I realized that for the price of the initial product, for what "I" wanted, was going to take a little extra. No problem in my mind.

Quick Reply: TSP 1 7/8 header and Y pipe install problems!