Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast intake on car injector change

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fast intake on car injector change

Hey guys I was wondering what the best way to swap injectors out on an on car fast 102 intake?

For the life of me I can't seem to set them right

Let me know I am using the soap method for lubrication

Thanks
Old 10-12-2014, 08:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're having problem setting them in, maybe take off the intake and set it on the ground below you while you try and seat the injectors from the top. It's much easier than having to reach all the way accross the engine bay and you get more leverage.

Try lubing up the orings with some wd40 before putting them in, dry rubber rings tend to have a hard time getting into snug places.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Although I don't think there is any actual proof of wd40 speeding the deterioration of rubber, some say that it does.

With that in mind maybe a small coating of grease might be a better idea. Either way lube them up if you haven't, and if that doesn't help, do like redtan suggested and do it from above with the intake off.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're worried about that, then either soome motor oil or even something like seamfoam will work. Just to get the rubber seals a little bit more slippery.

But unless you have the wrong parts, it should not require that. Just a little bit of force which will again be easier with the intake on the ground than you stretched across an engine bay.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm good on this guys.

It seems that this isn't hard at all I expected it to be very hard because it was extremely difficult to pull my injectors out

Which is really weird

Quick Reply: Fast intake on car injector change