Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I buy aftermarket Tall LS1/6 vavle cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where can I buy aftermarket Tall LS1/6 vavle cover

As the title states Where can these be purchased at and for a reasonable price. I found these but they want 400+ for a set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...tem=2479963516
Old 05-28-2004, 10:19 AM
TECH Veteran

reasonable and LS1 tall valve covers don't really go together

Because the LS1 its self it so new, the valve cover design is REALLY new and with the limited number of people using them, the companies have to change a ton to make back their investment. Perhaps when the LS1 has been around for 25+ years then we will actually be able to buy parts at a "reasonable" price.

Just about all the tall valve covers I have seen (I'm looking also) are in the $400-$500 range . About the cheapest thing is a set of spacers and even those run about $250 a pair.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

where do those black things that are on the top of the valve cover go? under it?
Old 05-28-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Veteran

black things?

does he mean the coil packs? If your talking about the 8 coils that are mounted on the valve covers, NOOOOO they do not go under the valve cover (that would kill MORE space than you gained from the taller cover and you won't have any way to run the plug wires out to the plugs). You have to remotely mount them somewhere else (fender,firewall,etc....somewhere) and then run longer plug wires. I have my drivers bank coils mounted where the ABS was on the drivers side and the passengers bank coils mounted where the AC accumulator was. Its