Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP 1 7/8 vs Speed Engineering 1 7/8 Headers

Old 03-02-2015, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I think I'd just take 5 minutes and open a paypal account myself... But glad you got it all worked out.
If the pay-pal account is through a Canadian address though, will they still do it? I don't mind paying through my Canadian pay pal, I just need them to not ship it to Canada, because then I pay outrageous amounts to have it shipped 60 miles past the border.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:51 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBadWhitey
If the pay-pal account is through a Canadian address though, will they still do it? I don't mind paying through my Canadian pay pal, I just need them to not ship it to Canada, because then I pay outrageous amounts to have it shipped 60 miles past the border.
I honestly don't know. Maybe Sean will step in and answer? Or just PM / call him
Old 03-02-2015, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jig
wanna post up a video? think i will do very similar route
Yeah sure thing... give me a day or so.....
Old 03-02-2015, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

I think it takes a day or so for a "verified" PP acct. The order is over $500 and I think that has to be done with a verified acct.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, just got a chance to jump back on. Yes, unfortunately we require the billing and shipping addresses to be the same on credit card orders. If we have received a few orders with the customer we usually waive the rule. Other wise they have the option of using Paypal and ship them to any confirmed address they like.

As for the Canadian order honestly your best bet is probably through eBays global ship program. Its usually the cheapest shipping method offered for international buyers. We cant even come close to it through our UPS account. Might give that a shot.

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-03-2015, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

Cool. I have to wait for his account to be credited then reorder.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another satisfied Speed Engineering customer here. The 1 7/8 headers I got fit great, install was simple under the car.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone know the tubing thickness of the Speed Engineering headers? TSP states 16 gauge. What about the flange thickness difference? Thanks for any help.
The following users liked this post:
jmart (12-10-2020)
Old 05-26-2016, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rybern
Anyone know the tubing thickness of the Speed Engineering headers? TSP states 16 gauge. What about the flange thickness difference? Thanks for any help.
Im almost certain they are both 3/8"
Old 05-26-2016, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Another happy Speed Engineering customer here! That being said, I have helped install a set of TSP's 1 7/8's as well. The fitment was also good, the finish was also good, they were a tad bit more expensive though.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a set of 1 7/8 speed engineering jobbers for my Camaro, nice headers! The only gripe I have so far is the clamps they come with are.. kinda crappy. Other than that though they're great. Can't wait to get my heads back and install them!
Old 05-27-2016, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Full-Force
Im almost certain they are both 3/8"
Originally Posted by 1995_maro_z
Another happy Speed Engineering customer here! That being said, I have helped install a set of TSP's 1 7/8's as well. The fitment was also good, the finish was also good, they were a tad bit more expensive though.
Originally Posted by SlasherVRGR
I have a set of 1 7/8 speed engineering jobbers for my Camaro, nice headers! The only gripe I have so far is the clamps they come with are.. kinda crappy. Other than that though they're great. Can't wait to get my heads back and install them!
Thanks for the responses fellas.

From the looks of it I felt that the SE clamps looked better than the TSP clamps. Did you guys all go with thier Y pips too? Any comments on those?
Old 05-29-2016, 01:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I went with the SE y pipe for now, not the best design, but definitely not the worst by any means. And about the clamps, they don't seem to fit... they're decent looking, but they seem to be to small to use properly. I believe another thread has suggestions for better clamps though.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Running the SE long tubes on my 99 SS.... quality, fitment, price were all huge determining factors. As others have said, I have ran the TSP's on other Fbods and they were great other than the bolt on the steering column rubbing. Just filed it down a little. did not experience this with the SE headers.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:46 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SlasherVRGR
I went with the SE y pipe for now, not the best design, but definitely not the worst by any means. And about the clamps, they don't seem to fit... they're decent looking, but they seem to be to small to use properly. I believe another thread has suggestions for better clamps though.
Ah, now I understand about the clamps. Does the Y pipe tuck up about the same with the SE and TSP?
Originally Posted by 01Z0H6
Running the SE long tubes on my 99 SS.... quality, fitment, price were all huge determining factors. As others have said, I have ran the TSP's on other Fbods and they were great other than the bolt on the steering column rubbing. Just filed it down a little. did not experience this with the SE headers.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Just did the Speed Engineering 1 7/8's on my 99 z28 2 weeks ago and could not be more happy. They fit great everywhere and the quality is even better than expected. With the bigger primaries, I did have to unbolt the steering shaft but that was pretty minor compared to some other installs I have read about on here.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JustinZ
Just did the Speed Engineering 1 7/8's on my 99 z28 2 weeks ago and could not be more happy. They fit great everywhere and the quality is even better than expected. With the bigger primaries, I did have to unbolt the steering shaft but that was pretty minor compared to some other installs I have read about on here.
Cool. I've read that if you can get the car high enough that some folks were able to get them on without taking the steering shaft loose. I'll be doing mine on jack stands in the front and ramps supporting the rear wheels. Did you go with the SE Y-pipe too?
Old 05-30-2016, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rybern
Cool. I've read that if you can get the car high enough that some folks were able to get them on without taking the steering shaft loose. I'll be doing mine on jack stands in the front and ramps supporting the rear wheels. Did you go with the SE Y-pipe too?
I went with the Hooker Black heart true duals on mine so no Y pipe.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

i'll be getting speed engineering headers and tsp y, unless speed engineering comes out w/ a catted y by the time i purchase.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JustinZ
I went with the Hooker Black heart true duals on mine so no Y pipe.
I am considering the same thing. How was the transition between the SE headers and Black Heart TD's? Any photos to share?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TSP 1 7/8 vs Speed Engineering 1 7/8 Headers