Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

critique my ls1 to ls6 conversion and upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpt.Derrek
Any opinions on the trunion upgrade? roller rockers?
Stay with stock rockers with the trunion upgrade for longevity, lower maintenance and reliability, which is within your budget. Lightweight valve train is important for this, and the stock rockers are light. An inexpensive heavier roller rocker would only shorten the life expectancy. Roller rockers which can handle higher valve lift is absolutely not necessary in your case.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
If you'd like a custom grind like BBATCAR has that I had ground for him, normally we can get custom cams to customers in no more than 5-7 business days. The GT2-3 will do what you're after no doubt, but in instances like these sometimes a custom cam can be a better fit.

I am by NO means one of those, "You have to use a custom cam for everything, shelf cams suck," type of cam guys/vendors. I tell customers all the time, "Your engine has no clue whether the cam you're putting into it, is a shelf cam or a custom cam."

I'd be glad to help any way I can.
Thanks Martin! I'll be sure to give you a call once I am able to put the cash together.

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Stay with stock rockers with the trunion upgrade for longevity, lower maintenance and reliability, which is within your budget. Lightweight valve train is important for this, and the stock rockers are light. An inexpensive heavier roller rocker would only shorten the life expectancy. Roller rockers which can handle higher valve lift is absolutely not necessary in your case.
Thanks yeah that's what I have decided to do.

Last edited by Cpt.Derrek; 06-04-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply: critique my ls1 to ls6 conversion and upgrades