LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation III External Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine-6/)
-   -   Has anyone done a power comparison between pacesetter LT's and kooks or QTP???? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/179170-has-anyone-done-power-comparison-between-pacesetter-lts-kooks-qtp.html)

My90Iroc 06-05-2004 12:16 PM

Has anyone done a power comparison between pacesetter LT's and kooks or QTP????

Just trying to decide on a pair of LT's and I was wondering if there were any comparisons between pacesetters and either kooks or QTP's to justify the extra costs? I know there's also extra cost due to the differences in the type of steel but I'm just looking for power numbers. Thanks.

Orange Peel 06-05-2004 12:54 PM

I could do that comparison, but I don't have the $$ for the QTP's right now. I dislike my Pacesetters, just so you know, they bang, etc. My car was the car they used to develop the headers too :(

Durien 06-05-2004 01:33 PM

i did....:D

i had the jethots before...

i switched to the QTP race headers with High velocity collectors and their True collector Y pipe..

i gained about 18RWHP from switching

Orange Peel 06-05-2004 01:44 PM

What about torque, people say you lose low end torque with them over a SLP/Hooker, etc setup, true??

Durien 06-05-2004 02:37 PM

nope i gained about the same amount of TQ.... i'll post up the graphs when i get out of work at 6

ss rally red 06-05-2004 07:21 PM

I have the Pacesetters, #'s in sig. I think if I would gain anything it might be some torque because of the Kook's collector, I have been extremely happy with the PC's, on for a year now with NO clearence problems.

Fred99LS1 06-05-2004 08:25 PM

I can't tell ya what the others did on my setup, but I did make 426 RWHP & 396 RWTQ with the Kooks. I'm running the 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 long tubes, Fred :)

foff667 06-05-2004 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Durien
i did....:D

i had the jethots before...

i switched to the QTP race headers with High velocity collectors and their True collector Y pipe..

i gained about 18RWHP from switching

were your #'s untuned vs. untuned?

Scoobie 06-06-2004 07:37 PM

Ive had the Hookers and now the Kooks, i cant say much for power because i did a lot of other changes ( heads, different Cam ) when i did the switch. However my Kooks sit up much higher then the Hookers. I dont scrub like i used too and i have a 1" drop. Also the look of the flanges, the blueish tint of the stainless steel and the awesome clamps go to show you get what you pay for. Im very happy with my Kooks and unlike the Jet Hots, or the Hookers or Pacesetters, ill never swap them out. Do it right the first time, save the dough. Its worth it.

My90Iroc 06-08-2004 09:06 PM

Any more thoughts on this? I'll be deciding soon. Thanks again.

Dal1as 06-09-2004 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by foff667
were your #'s untuned vs. untuned?

I was wondering the same. I could see a difference of maybe 4 to 5 hp over different headers but 18. lol, I'd be running over 370 hp with not even all the bolt ons if I had QTP's.

bluecmaro96 06-09-2004 08:06 PM

i dont see any one certain header gaining that much more over another, now untuned vs tuned i can see that