Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts list for FAST 102 Intake & NW 102 throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Parts list for FAST 102 Intake & NW 102 throttle body

I can't even tell you how many threads I've read and am still confused with all the outdated, conflicting and mis-information in them. Including the *Official* Fast 102 thread.

What do I need to buy to make the Fast 102 and NW 102 tb work on my car? Mods are in my sig: cam only and bolt ons, stock water pump, will be adding heads. I want to keep the MAF rather than go with a SD tune.

1) Black Manifold and TB (on sale from Maryland Speed)

2) Fuel rails: Fast billet or LS2 are both an option? I can't even find much information about differences.

3) Fast Fuel rail crossover line: http://marylandspeed.com/fast-fuel-r...rc-p-6037.html Do I only get this if I get the Fast rails? I don't see many threads referencing a need for it.

4) What injectors are a step up over factory and work with the FAST rails? I'm not running nitrous, FI, or anything other than heads/cam/intake. I just assume my fatory injectors need to be upgraded a bit.

5) Port seal replacement kit: Doesn't the intake come with them, or this is just for used intakes where they need to be replaced?

Am I missing anything else? I plan to extend the MAP sensor on the back with a hose/clamps like I've seen a couple guys do, so it won't interfere with the firewall.

Thanks for helping me save time, money, and frustration!

**8/7/15 Update** - Just wanted to provide a quick update that some parts have come in and that more are in transit. I'll update this post again with part numbers when it's all here. Unfortunately, I won't be installing it all until I get the heads and new LTs - so there may be more to add. After the install I'll update this post again to add/remove anything that needs to be updated. Might be better off doing a "build" type of thread and just keep this one on topic with the FAST 102 stuff. We'll see.

Last edited by BREWS02WS6; 08-07-2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Providing update
Old 07-15-2015, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) cool beans
2) one is pretty and probably flows more for the FI guys. Doesn't matter for N/A I use the LS2 rail
3) You can make a line from -6an and a couple fittings but with the fast rail you do need some way to connect the two
4) The FAST 102 is designed for LS2 length injectors. LS1 will require a 1/2" spacer for the rail and LS3 injectors will require a 1/2" spacer for the top of the injector. LS1=long LS2=mid LS3=shorty All in 1/2" steps. I use LS3 injectors. Cheap on ebay and their data is available on HPTuners forums. I think the post is by DSTek. You can find used LS9 and supercharged v6 gm motor injectors if you plan on running E85.
5) LS1 o-rings will not work on the FAST intake. There are o-ring kit's on ebay and other places for this exact reason. (to use LS1 injectors in the FAST102) LS2/3 injectors "should" be able to be used with the stock O-rings. Not 100% on this.
6) Note inj connector. LS1 uses EV1 and LS3 uses EV6. Adapters are available both ways. I just bought 8 pig tails and hard wired them into my LS1 harness.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice thread. I'm going through the same thing right now. I've decided on the LS2 fuel rails because they are cheaper and will support what I need in terms of HP. I have Accel 44lb/hr injectors currently, and plan on using them when I upgrade to the FAST 102/102 setup. In regards to the 1/2" spaces I'll need to run my current injectors, as well as the needed O-rings, does anyone have a link to the two? Will I need to hardwire 8 pig tails to my LS1 harness with the injectors I currently have?
Old 07-15-2015, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We can sell you a complete package no problem. We also sell the correct O-rings to put on your stock injectors if you wish to run those. I would run at least 36lb injectors for a heads/cam pkg. But for the price I would just go straight to the 42lb injectors to give you room to grow. Just give us a call at 512-863-0900 and any of the sales guys would be happy to set you up.

Rise of the Phoenix, we don't have a link just yet for the O-rings on our site but they can be ordered over the phone. Here is a link to the spacer kit to run the LS2 fuel rails: http://texas-speed.com/p-4286-fast-l...rsion-kit.aspx
As far as the pig tails, it depends what style connection you have for your injectors. F-bodies use an EV1 style injector connection.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Last edited by Sales3@Texas-Speed; 07-15-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Shoot, I posted this in the wrong forum, should be External Engine...

Thanks for the info! Sorry for my ignorance here, never dealth with the fueling stuff before.

3) I like the crossover lines that are toward the middle/back of the rails, rather than across the front. Any advice on which style to get for this?

4) If you have time, could you send me a link on ebay to the ones you're saying are cheap? I'm seeing costs all over the place, so I don't know which ones I should be looking at. I can also do more research, but figured you might be able to spot them quickly and point me in the right direction.

Also on this one, since you're using the short injectors, you have a spacer for the rail and another for the injector? I think I'll have to do some research for pics to help me understand what I need to be looking for.

5) This is the port seal replacement kit I was talking about: http://marylandspeed.com/fast-port-s...-8-p-5656.html

Seems like that should be part of the intake when you buy it. That's not the o-rings you're talking about is it? The fuel rail kit says it comes with o-rings, so I think I'm already good there when I buy it.

6) Gotcha - I'll look into adapters and see what's req'd there.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my feedback -

Originally Posted by BREWS02WS6
1) Black Manifold and TB (on sale from Maryland Speed)

awesome

2) Fuel rails: Fast billet or LS2 are both an option? I can't even find much information about differences.

really your choice on what rails you go with

3) Fast Fuel rail crossover line: http://marylandspeed.com/fast-fuel-r...rc-p-6037.html Do I only get this if I get the Fast rails? I don't see many threads referencing a need for it.

if you get the fast rail kit, it comes with the fuel feed line as well as the crossover

4) What injectors are a step up over factory and work with the FAST rails? I'm not running nitrous, FI, or anything other than heads/cam/intake. I just assume my fatory injectors need to be upgraded a bit.

i went with 42lb green tops with my heads / cam set up

5) Port seal replacement kit: Doesn't the intake come with them, or this is just for used intakes where they need to be replaced?

the fast kit comes with intake seals
Old 07-15-2015, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lonnie - thanks for the reply! I hadn't called you guys yet since Maryland Speed has such a good deal on the intake. Didn't want to waste your time without buying from you on this intake. edit: Also remembered that you guys don't carry the black intake (at least not on the site), which is the one I want.

You guys are great to deal with, I worked with Jon back when I got my cam and other bolt ons.

Also, I'll try to update the first post in this thread with the final parts I end up buying so that it's easy to find.

Last edited by BREWS02WS6; 07-15-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elephantrider
my feedback -
Thanks elephantrider! Did you have to do any modification to the intake for the green tops? I thought I read that people were drilling something out to make them fit.

Also, looks like they're about $70/ea?!
Old 07-15-2015, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

i had to make zero modifications to use the green tops.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet! I also think the $70 ones are not what everyone is getting. I haven't really educated myself on them yet so I didn't know what I was looking at. I found a full set from TSP for much less.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

just fyi, i didnt use the fast rail set up. i went with a generic
billet rail set up. exact same thing, just $100 cheaper

Old 07-15-2015, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BREWS02WS6
Sweet! I also think the $70 ones are not what everyone is getting. I haven't really educated myself on them yet so I didn't know what I was looking at. I found a full set from TSP for much less.
Can you post up a link? Much of what you need I need too.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Phoenix - Here's the injectors I think Lonnie from TSP was talking about: http://texas-speed.com/p-4610-42-lb-...-set-of-8.aspx

He's putting together a list of stuff for me, so I'll know for sure later.

Elephant - Nice work! Where'd you get generic ones, and what all did you do to make them fit with the green tops?
Old 07-15-2015, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks BREWS. I'm going to re-use my Accel 44lb/hr injectors, so I'll just need whatever adapters/O-rings to make them work with the FAST 102. I'm still on the fence about the LS2 rails, or going with an aftermarket rail with crossover. Spraying the car isn't out of the questions, so maybe the aftermarket rails will be the ticket.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

the crossover isn't needed. i went with the speedinc 6an rails.
didnt need to do anything special to get the green tops to fit.
they plugged right into the rail. the kit comes with everything
you need.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by elephantrider
the crossover isn't needed. i went with the speedinc 6an rails.
didnt need to do anything special to get the green tops to fit.
they plugged right into the rail. the kit comes with everything
you need.
This is what you got? http://www.speedinc.com/shop-by-manu...rail-sets.html

If so, this was literally all you needed aside from the intake and TB to be up and running? I'm just looking for the easiest way to be able to run my LS1 style injectors.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

sorry not speedinc - it was speedmaster - fleabay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-LS1-LS6-Billet-Aluminum-Fuel-Injector-Rail-Kit-/171627360611?hash=item27f5c9b163&vxp=mtr
Old 07-15-2015, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn, even better. They are cheaper than LS2 rails too, and if my current injectors will fit without the need for additional parts, sounds like a win-win to me.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i've had zero issues with that el cheapo set up. it doesn't come with
instructions, but again, no problem installing on my ls1 gto. have 2 other
buddies ( 1 with ls1 gto, and 1 with ls2 gto ) and neither of them had issues.

the install is pretty straight forward. ...and i have the 42lb green tops that
fit like a glove.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Im also interested in possibly getting a fast 102. Do i have to get a larger maf and intake ducting from lid to maf and maf to throttle body?

Quick Reply: Parts list for FAST 102 Intake & NW 102 throttle body