Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want loud exhaust.. VERY loud..

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if somebody else already mentioned this, I didn't read the whole thread. If you want a musclecar choppy sound, definately go with sweet-thunder chambered mufflers. I have these on my TD's, and my god does it sound beautiful. Much better than the bullets in my opinion.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Could you add a muffler in place of a resonator and would it make the interior quieter?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:49 PM
TECH Resident

Many people have tried different things with the resonator on their loudmouth exhaust. Some have used bullet mufflers, others use the Borla XR-1 round muffler; all with varying levels of success. About half of the bullet muffler guys say their rasp is completely gone, the rest say it cut it down some but not completely. All of the XR-1 guys I have seen so far say the rasp is gone. I'm still waiting for somebody to put a sweet-thunder in there. That is what I was originally going to do before the true dual setup.

FWIW, if you decide to go long tube headers and no cats, your loudmouth will be unbearable IMO. Mine was; I was embarassed to drive my car between 2100-2500 rpms.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kpowr82
Many people have tried different things with the resonator on their loudmouth exhaust. Some have used bullet mufflers, others use the Borla XR-1 round muffler; all with varying levels of success. About half of the bullet muffler guys say their rasp is completely gone, the rest say it cut it down some but not completely. All of the XR-1 guys I have seen so far say the rasp is gone. I'm still waiting for somebody to put a sweet-thunder in there. That is what I was originally going to do before the true dual setup.

FWIW, if you decide to go long tube headers and no cats, your loudmouth will be unbearable IMO. Mine was; I was embarassed to drive my car between 2100-2500 rpms.

I would have to agree.. If I'm in between 2,100 rpm and about 2,700 2,800 with my dynomouth the drone is un-believeable. It makes me feel like I've got a splitting headache which I know will only get worse with LT's and no cats. My birthday is in less than a month and I've decided to go with LT's either Pacesetter's or Flotech's with no cats and True Duals with Sweet Chambered dumps. With a lopey cam people should want to hump my car

Quick Reply: I want loud exhaust.. VERY loud..