Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which spacers for truck injectors in an LS1 intake?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which spacers for truck injectors in an LS1 intake?

Currently putting together the parts to swap in my LQ4 into a second gen camaro. Would prefer to keep the factory truck injectors for the time being as the pocket book tries to keep up with the pretty much full resto job going on at the same time. I've gotten to here, and just wanting to be sure I have the right adapters/spacers for the job.

https://secure.fuelinjectorconnectio...-adapters.html

Thanks in advance!

Steve
Old 09-16-2015, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Isn't that price per spacer?

You can probably get a set of correct ls1 injectors for $20-50 in the classifieds here. The PCM will need tuned for the swap anyway, just tell them what year model or lb/min injectors you get.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
The PCM will need tuned for the swap anyway, just tell them what year model or lb/min injectors you get.
I have the factory ECU and harness for the LQ4, so I was under (maybe incorrect) assumption that it should be able to handle the work without retuning. The reason for the spacers vs. new injectors (for now) is keeping the wiring harness from the LQ4 without changing the ends to fit the different injectors.

I will be running headers vs. the manifolds, and the LS1 intake, and a Comp Cams 224/230 114LSA. I guess this could mean another line in the cost to swap ledger book if the ECU needs to be updated.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

The PCM absolutely will need a full tune to work with headers, a cam, and different intake manifold.

Even more so since it will be a swap vehicle as you will need to have VATS tuned out for it to even run more than 10 seconds (unless you were planning on buying or making a VATS bypass module which is just another possible failure point in the future).

I didn't realize the connectors were different. Makes things more of a pain.

Any chance the truck intake will fit under the hood? It's a better intake than the ls1 anyway.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Unfortunately, I haven't read of any the truck intakes fitting without an aftermarket hood on the 2nd gen camaros. I completely overlooked the VATS so appreciate your pointing that out.

As for the injectors themselves, just another piece for me to work on. I think spacers will work best for now... when I go to upgrade the intake to an LS6, I'll go to a complete intake/fuel rail/injectors then.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

Another thing to consider is having the code triggers for things related to emissions equipment deleted:

rear o2 sensors
AIR pump
EGR

The tune can also get rid of torque management, firm up your shifts under heavier throttle, and put in a better timing map for premium or midgrade fuel. There is a lot to gain from a better tune than the stock truck tunes for sure.

It's all worth it in the end
The following users liked this post:
Homer_Simpson (11-23-2021)
Old 09-17-2015, 07:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The injector plugs are different as is the bottom of the injector. Flex fuel injectors will work on the LS1 intake, you'll need to remove the plastic tip for other injectors.
I used 5.3 flex fuel injectors on the LS1 intake with aftermarket fuel rails.
Name:  DSCN0158.jpg
Views: 5121
Size:  108.4 KB
Old 09-24-2021, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by garys 68
The injector plugs are different as is the bottom of the injector. Flex fuel injectors will work on the LS1 intake, you'll need to remove the plastic tip for other injectors.
I used 5.3 flex fuel injectors on the LS1 intake with aftermarket fuel rails.
Attachment 647342
I realize how old this thread is, but Im swapping my LQ4 intake for a LS6 and I'm using the spacers for the LQ4 injectors. I see that the plastic tips on the LQ4 injectors look like they need to come off.
Can anyone confirm?

Old 08-31-2022, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reviving old post from the dead for more info on the tip removal for flex fuel injector in ls1 intake..

Quick Reply: Which spacers for truck injectors in an LS1 intake?