Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTs+ORY+Magnaflow Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 04:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTs+ORY+Magnaflow Review

recently finished up my exhaust. went with Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LTs and ORY, and magnaflow cat back 15684. prior to these changes, exhaust was all stock except for a flowmaster muffler. was done over the course of a few weeks, so I listened to different points of exhaust. sounded good before, then better when I removed everything after the Y. then installed headers and ORY and my god, the drone was terrible but the sound was amazing! loved it super loud. I did some research before and decided on magnaflow due to what I felt was the cleanest sound with LTs and ORY. I knew it was gonna be quiet, but damn. especially after driving around with LTs dumped at the y, it barely sounds noisy at all. I understand it would be quieter, especially since now the pipes end past the bumper and aren't dumping underneath the cabin. but suffice it to say, im *slightly* disappointed. it definitely sounds way more quieter than when I had stock manifolds and cats with flowmaster. like really quiet. also I need to take a look again as I hear my muffler or something banging on bumpy roads and my tips look like they are off center. driving with it though is great though, feels so smooth and interior drone is pretty much non existent. but this just confirms my need to get a cut out. which leads to me a question. barring I go big and get two electric cutouts installed on the y, a single one I read is best done right before it goes over the axle? can anyone confirm this? does the location on the I pipe really make much of a difference?
Old 10-28-2015, 05:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have your exact exhaust setup except I have a magnaflow 3.5" bullet muffler and a Badlandz 3.5" electric cutout. It reduces to the 3" magnaflow pipe before it goes over the axle. It sounds as good opened up as my old TSP true duals with the chambered mufflers did. No rasp at part throttle and an almost big block rumble crusing around town. The cutout is under the pass rear seat. I cut the Speed Engineering oryp off before it necks down to fit the stock catback so its a true single 3.5" exhaust until it goes into the magnaflow catback pipe just before it turns up to go over the axle. It flows well enough to make 603rwhp through a stalled and unlocked 4l80e trans. This setup will be more than enough for any bolt on car. I honestly cant imagine having anything else on the car for an exhaust setup on a street car. I have had 4 f-bodys and atleast 2 different exhaust setups on each car with this being the best sounding both loud and quiet of them all, No bullshit. Take it for what its worth.

Last edited by JRENIGAR; 10-28-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Should've went with the MagnaFlow 14419 muffler
Old 10-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

Don't get me wrong, I do like how clean it sounds. And I had a full blown phone conversation today on the freeway which I was never able to really do. Interior cabin noise is barely there which I do enjoy. Plus I was able to get 20% off new open box return so I couldn't pass it up. Once I heard LTs dumped I knew I was gonna have to get a cut out for sure. Also I have read some people claim a "break in period" for magnaflows. Is there any merit to that? Appreciate the input
Old 10-28-2015, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine got louder over time, but I think that's true of any straight through style muffler that has some type of packing in it
Old 11-01-2015, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have this same exhaust setup and I like it. At first it was quiet but after adding a converter and cam it's far from quiet. I put a cutout in the I pipe in that space under the rear seat and thought it sounded like **** especially when I would drive around with the converter unlocked around town, it was just raspy and had no tone.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Magnaflow and an electric cutout is by far my favorite exhaust setup I've had.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably loud from behind. I have speed eng headers and true duels with no cats and completely straight through bullet mufflers. It sounds so quiet inside. But outside is loud as crap
Old 11-03-2015, 04:35 AM
Staging Lane

ok great! do love the sound though. hoping to get a cutout though, after I take care of some other nagging issues on the 10 bolt.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

I was also disappointed with LTs +ORY +Magnaflow.

It was waaay to quiet even with a cam...it didnt get louder with this so called break in period..best bet is to get rid of it. I replaced it with duals dumped.. that was everything i wanted in am exhaust..sold that car and on my current setup im running corsa. Love the way corsa sounds.

Quick Reply: LTs+ORY+Magnaflow Review