Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP: Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LT to Magnaflow.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP: Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LT to Magnaflow.

Over the weekend my buddy and I replaced my Hooker LT 1 3/4 headers and y-pipe and installed Speed Engineering 1 /7/8 LT headers and off road y-pipe (Part #: 25-1020+25-1002). The headers and y-pipe went in smoothly with no issues but when I tried to connect the y-pipe to my Magnaflow exhaust, (Part #: 15684), the tubing was to long. Looking at it from under neath my T/A, the tubing connect to the y-pipe would push past the connection that goes over my rear-end.

It looks like I need to cut off about 2" inches off the tubing but I was wondering if anyone else had similar issue(s) or may have another solution on this setup. Thanks for any advice/help.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:25 AM
Staging Lane

i have this exact same set up. i had my cat back installed (too burnt out after headers) so that way it can get all lined up nice. my mechanic did not mention anything about it being too long... im assuming you double checked to make sure everything is slipped on at the max?
Old 01-26-2016, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Swoop Dogg
i have this exact same set up. i had my cat back installed (too burnt out after headers) so that way it can get all lined up nice. my mechanic did not mention anything about it being too long... im assuming you double checked to make sure everything is slipped on at the max?
Yes, I pushed all the connected pieces at the y-pipe to make sure it was at it's tightest. I'm assuming I need to take off the complete back exhaust and reinstall it.

Did you have any issue(s) at all with the install?

Quick Reply: HELP: Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LT to Magnaflow.