Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling Tony Mamo/Brain Tooley ... MSD Cathedral Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Calling Tony Mamo/Brain Tooley ... MSD Cathedral Intake

This intake been in the market for a while I think. But tech vendors are not posting any back to back dyno comparison with FAST 102mm Intake. (maybe can effect the sales of already "in-stock" FAST intakes).

But I think we have here the best gentlemen when it comes to heads and intake manifolds (Brain Tooley and Tony Mamo)

Have any of you guys did any engine dyno testing with these ? Did you dis-assemble one of these MSD and the inside give you any indication of improved design that will net better airflow compared to FAST intake ?
Old 02-26-2016, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

On Corvette forums I saw Tony is doing work with the MSD and making awesome power over an LS7 intake
Old 02-27-2016, 08:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think those LS7 MSD when ported are doing well. But I didn't see any results on cathedral port heads. Maybe they don't do well compared to the cathedral FAST.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

pretty from what I have read the MSD is not worth the hassle over a Fast...at least on the cathedral headed stuff.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 383 Likes on 150 Posts

The cathedral MSD is on par with the FAST....or reeeeally close but most have an issue with its sex appeal (or lack off) and the FAST IMO is still the "gold standard" when discussing cathedral headed applications.

The MSD LS7 is better than the FAST and my LS7 customers I have been pushing into the MSD manifolds for the increase in performance. I get the same porting money either way.....would rather have my customer invest the money where he or she will see the most gains from the swap naturally.

That pretty much sums it up

=)

www.mamomotorsports.com

Tony@MamoMotorsports.com

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Build it right the first time....its alot cheaper than building it twice!!
Old 02-28-2016, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like the MSD intake might not be such a tight fit at the engine cowling as the FAST. The FAST sometimes takes some engineering the get it to fit under the cowling. What about the MSD - is the fit a better?
Old 02-28-2016, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you do a bit of research on here, there have been several people who had quite a few issues with the intake; installation and tuning. It's hard to beat the FAST 102. Like Tony said, it's the gold standard.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what Tony is saying, MSD seems to have corrected most of the problems that early adopters had. I have a FAST and don't foresee replacing it, but I'd like to know if the MSD fits under the cowl any better than the FAST. The FAST is a tight fit and it could sway others in their purchase if the MSD will fit without making modifications.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The tuning issues are what keep me away from it. If you look in the dynometer section on here, there is a post where a very knowledgeable guy talks about not being able to dial on the lower RMP tuning with the MSD intake. He stated no matter what he tried, he could not get it right. He also stated that with the FAST intakes, it's a non-issue.

Quick Reply: Calling Tony Mamo/Brain Tooley ... MSD Cathedral Intake