Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLZ HELP What pushrod length is needed for milled .020 243s?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLZ HELP What pushrod length is needed for milled .020 243s?

Sup guys I was wondering if anyone on here has similar mods i have and what pushrods you run. I know they make tools for that but I'm really doing this heads and cam swap by myself because I can't afford to have it done at a shop. I'm pretty mechanically inclined as I do all my own work if I feel like I can do it but I don't trust myself to find out the correct pushrods length, ikno it's really important to have the right geometry so I'm pretty worried I'd mess it up.. I have a 2002 Camaro I recently found out I have the ls6 block idk if that matters or not but it's pretty much untouched other then longtubes, I bought 243 heads that where milled .020 and my cam is a sns torqmax stage 2, I bought ls7 lifters since my original lifters are making noise. I bought the gm mls head gaskets I believe the thickness are .051. I didn't buy pushrods yet because i don't know what size to get but here's the problem, I'll be barrowing a friend of a friends lift on a Saturday or Sunday to do the job and I won't be able to leave my car there till I can order the right length, so if anyone could tell me a few lengths to buy or expect that'll be awesome
Old 03-28-2016, 10:52 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

You really should measure them. We can guess over the Internet but none of us have to live with it.

Get an 8" caliper, two adjustable pushrods, and get the measurements. It's honestly not that hard.

Search "how to pushrod length" and you should find some good threads with pictures, etc
Old 03-29-2016, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
You really should measure them. We can guess over the Internet but none of us have to live with it.

Get an 8" caliper, two adjustable pushrods, and get the measurements. It's honestly not that hard.

Search "how to pushrod length" and you should find some good threads with pictures, etc
This. I was in your same boat and followed Darths instructions. Got my caliper from Harbor Freight for around $20. I only got 1 adjustable pushrod and wish I had bought 2. It would have cut my time in half and they're only $20 each.

Quick Reply: PLZ HELP What pushrod length is needed for milled .020 243s?