Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls7 throttle body onto LS6 manifold

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls7 throttle body onto LS6 manifold

Hello from Liverpool England..in the process of fitting an LS6 into my 72 Riviera. I wont bore you with the reasons as to why I need to changethe TB but my question is will an LS7 TB fit ontoan LS6 manifold with an available adapter ( if there is such a thing) I am running a stand alone ECU so can tune the TB if and when installed BIG BIG thanks for your time Jack Liverpool EnglandIMG_2923.JPG
Attached Thumbnails ls7 throttle body onto LS6 manifold-img_2923.jpg  
Old 08-26-2016, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm not the biggest expert on here but I'm pretty sure you'll need to get the snout on the LS6 manifold enlarged to take a 90mm TB to be able to use a LS7 TB on it. You might can use a spacer to make them work but you won't see much of a benefit with the larger TB going through a smaller opening in the intake manifold.

I think these people cjarge like $350 to fit a 90 snout onto a LS6 intake if you send them yours.
https://www.tpis.com/parts/view/39
Old 08-27-2016, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes you can do with with an adaptor, but not sure if they make them to go from 90mm TB to 78mm intake as I do know they make them for the opposite. Now since your are looking at a LS7 TB the LS2 TB is the same as well and if you are looking for a DBW TB you could use the LS6 TB off of a C5 that would match up to your intake as I am ASSUMING that's why your asking about a LS7 unless that is the only option you have in front of you overseas
Old 08-27-2016, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help fellas. Think I've sorted it now. Was all to do with accessory mounts. I have an LS2 trailblazer block with an LS 6 induction. Going to fix my problem by fitting a damper water pump and accessories off a Corvette. Thinking that should work ?!?!?!?

Quick Reply: ls7 throttle body onto LS6 manifold