Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace what else if changing oil pan gasket and rms?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Default Replace what else if changing oil pan gasket and rms?

Whenever something requires maintenance, I want to upgrade the stock components with better aftermarket components while it's all apart.

My rear main seal is leaking bad, so given that I have to drop the transmission, that's justification for:

-Trans fluid replacement and filter
-Aftermarket transmission pan that has a bung for trans temp sending unit. Which pan one to get?

- Fel-Pro BS40640 Rear Main Seal Cover Gaskets
- B&M 20340 Flexplate

I have a performabuilt stage 2 transmission and an edge 4000 converter. I have a feeling I'm going to need to tighten up the converter because it's not setup to handle a 150 shot.

Oil pan gasket is also leaking. Since the K-member and oil pan need to come off to replace the oil pan gasket, that's justification for:

- UMI k-member
- UMI a-arms
- Oil pump pickup: 12558251
- O-ring for Oil pump pickup: 12557752
- Melling 10295 Oil Pump
- ACDelco 12612350 Oil Pan gasket
- Higher volume oil pan with different pickup tube

What is a good aftermarket oil pan for the ls1 that is higher volume? Moroso? Canton? I see people having problem with those.

Maybe this baffle? http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-pa...ffle-p-30.html

Crank scraper: http://www.improvedracing.com/crank-...kit-p-433.html

Madman bars to protect it all?

What else should i upgrade while the trans is out and the oil pan is dropped? I just don't see the point of having to do this again to install something else down the line, so I want to do it all at once.

Last edited by 5.7stroker; 10-01-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Replace what else if changing oil pan gasket and rms?