Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Old 11-27-2018, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by micbegz28
Ive put about 3000 miles on the car with the exhaust and so far its been great. I love the way it sounds with my cam.

Sadly may end up ditching it, not bc i dont love it or anything. But the car more oriented for the track than daily driving, and it wieghs a ton compared to a dumped Y.

From what I've found the SE duals weigh less than my current y pipe Corsa setup, and will flow what my engine needs. Win/win for me!
Old 11-27-2018, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
yea it sucks. The ls6 had made more power than ever when i missed the shift. Made a shift handle change to my load cell shift handle and had the load cell set to low.....bad combo lol.

Then the ls7 decided it wanted all the water in the oil pan ......that sucked. Only drove it about 1 mile.
Would have been sweet to see your track times with that LS7!
Old 11-27-2018, 06:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Hell it woulda been sweet to see them with the ls6 set on kill. Most don't realize how mild it was or they like to think it was something it wasn't.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by spent21

Reads 49 pages of opinions
Buys exhaust
Agrees opinions are speculative
Asks for speculative solution after not agreeing with popular opinion
this is probably the best thing I've read on this forum in months. WIN
Old 11-28-2018, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
this is probably the best thing I've read on this forum in months. WIN
My dad asked me when I was younger if I had the choice, what would I choose: being blissfully happy but ignorant, or intelligent & miserable.

My response was the blissful because they didn't know they were stupid.
Alas, I ended up in the latter fold, but not all is lost. The blissful provide endless entertainment when viewed with the right set of eyes.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by spent21
My dad asked me when I was younger if I had the choice, what would I choose: being blissfully happy but ignorant, or intelligent & miserable.

My response was the blissful because they didn't know they were stupid.
Alas, I ended up in the latter fold, but not all is lost. The blissful provide endless entertainment when viewed with the right set of eyes.
It's funny you post this. There was a person in the shop today...that has no ******* clue what real life is like. Now I don't consider myself the smartest person in the world by any means, but I've had struggles like most everyone else has. Keeping that in mind, I look at this guy and think, "How in the **** have to made it this far into your life"

I then had a conversation with a co worker about maybe it's better to be ******* clueless going through life.....

Old 11-30-2018, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ws6AFBaker
I have spent many sleepless nights skimming through this thread. Viewing it on my phone has made it difficult because it messes up all the time. But regardless... what I have gathered is that their have been revisions on the setup for better clearance and better clamps. All good. Makes me that much closer to buying it. My question is on sound. Has anyone stuck mufflers on it that I just haven’t seen yet. That’s my only hang up. Don’t want it stupid loud to where I can’t cruise it.
it’s not that loud, especially at cruising speeds. It will sound deeper, more growl and a little louder at idle. Listen to post #891, play it in ur car or on a stereo; something other than ur phone, to get a better idea of the tone.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you guys again for your business/comments..

Sean
Old 12-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered this kit today. It’s going on a SGM 98 TA. My biggest hang up was if they would fit up to my kooks headers, but I saw where at least one guy said he had no issues so we will soon find out!
Old 12-03-2018, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Michael Russell
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered this kit today. It’s going on a SGM 98 TA. My biggest hang up was if they would fit up to my kooks headers, but I saw where at least one guy said he had no issues so we will soon find out!
I did the same thing. I'm sure it'll take some effort in adjustments, but hopefully it'll work like it did for Hio. Hard not to buy this kit, great value!
Old 01-04-2019, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Anyone running the full system with pacesetter headers or installed it on someone elses car with pacesetters? Curious if it fits, Ill be doing it in my driveway and dont want to run into big issues.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tang2
Spirals don't hurt the flow?
I've watched some **** on youtube about spirals, I think they hurt flow but hey, it's the internet. I personally wouldn't go that route.

And I know I may get lit up for saying this, but IMO nothing sounds better than a two chamber flowmasters. Unfortunatly GM fucked us all with the limited under car room. Which is why kits like these come with bullets. I'll pull the trigger on this sooner or later, but dont need to have parts that I'm not gonna install for a year or two sitting around. And will have no issues cutting and modding to try different mufflers.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trilkb
Anyone running the full system with pacesetter headers or installed it on someone elses car with pacesetters? Curious if it fits, Ill be doing it in my driveway and dont want to run into big issues.
I had this kit on my car with Pacesetter headers. No real issues, but the kit took plenty of tweaking and fitting like most others have experienced.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
I've watched some **** on youtube about spirals, I think they hurt flow but hey, it's the internet. I personally wouldn't go that route.

And I know I may get lit up for saying this, but IMO nothing sounds better than a two chamber flowmasters. Unfortunatly GM fucked us all with the limited under car room. Which is why kits like these come with bullets. I'll pull the trigger on this sooner or later, but dont need to have parts that I'm not gonna install for a year or two sitting around. And will have no issues cutting and modding to try different mufflers.
Judging by what Ive read its really not a loud setup at all. @mavn has a build thread and he says hes owned and heard alot of fbody exhausts plus from stock to stroked engines, says these duals are the best hes heard.

Id buy their long tubes and the true duals if I was in the position to do it all over from factory parts.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MChampion
I had this kit on my car with Pacesetter headers. No real issues, but the kit took plenty of tweaking and fitting like most others have experienced.
Thanks! I may have to pull the trigger. My setup isnt really to my liking right now. Might be time to sell the nitrous kit thats just sitting here lol.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
Our true dual kits will require modification in order to fit Kooks headers. They are in the same basic area from what we have heard, but our kits will not just slide on.

Thanks
Sean
i bought your SE true dual kit with rear exit. I’ve been working on several mods over the last few weeks and finally I am ready to install the SE kit. My Kooks headers are older step headers. They are 1-7/8” stepped to 2” and have a 3” collector. Upon test fitting a few pieces, the SE kit slides right onto the kooks with zero issues. I will definitely update once everything is 100%. But everything looks very promising!
Old 01-06-2019, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Michael Russell
i bought your SE true dual kit with rear exit. I’ve been working on several mods over the last few weeks and finally I am ready to install the SE kit. My Kooks headers are older step headers. They are 1-7/8” stepped to 2” and have a 3” collector. Upon test fitting a few pieces, the SE kit slides right onto the kooks with zero issues. I will definitely update once everything is 100%. But everything looks very promising!
This is great news! I've heard that the opposite works as well. I know of someone that has Kooks true duals mated up to Speed Engineering 1 7/8 long tubes. They definitely seem to be cross compatible.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trilkb
I have pacesetters and just got my true dual system from speed yesterday. RE: fitment and install, so far, so good. The only thing I am wrestling with is some adjustments at the rear of the car and the body mount tq arm cross member I have. This system clears the body mount cross member, but just...FWIW I have the midwest chassis body mount tq arm with the cross-member for true duals, it's a tight fit. You should be fine with a stock tq arm or aftermarket long tq arm that installs at the transmission.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Old 01-06-2019, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Well I got the system installed and I am very pleased. It looks great and sounds awesome. It connected flawlessly to my Kooks LT Headers! The system tucked up very nice and to be expected you are going to loose ground clearance but I think if you are doing aftermarket exhaust on one of the 4th gen f-body’s it should be expected. I went ahead and used all the clamps and hardware included in the kit. I may end up changing a couple for better sealing but again I am overall very pleased. It installed very nice with little headache, at least no more than any other automotive project! Like others have said, there are no instructions and although it is not hard, a simple page or pictures of hanger orientation would help save time. I feel like the system is as tight to the underside as it will get. I was fortunate to have friends that own a lift, so adjustment was not too bad, but I could see it being a bit more of a pain doing it on jack stands. Very pleased!
First time uploading pics pics but I will give it a shot.

they posted without my text,,, pics are above

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!