Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which manifold
TBSS Intake Manifold
100.00%
FAST 102 LSXRT
0%
The Summit Fabricated 102MM
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Suburban 6.0 LQ4 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Suburban 6.0 LQ4 Intake

I just picked up a 3/4 ton suburban that is my daily driver and has been for a month. This will also be a long term project truck that I would like to eventually have pushing a ton of power (speed and tow), and non daily driver in 2-3 years. So trying to make every upgrade count. I know a cam/tune are on the list, so are 1 7/8 headers from speed engineering. The only question is intake!

1. TBSS - works great, under $300, looks like something a cavalier should use
2. LSXRT - the best performance, pricey, looks aftermarket and kinda cheesy
3. Summit Fabricated Intake - no low end all top end, remarkably cheap, looks like pure racing gear.

I'm leaning towards this one: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...make/chevrolet

It is future proof, will hurt low end daily driving a bit, but hell! 102 MM all the way through including throttle body and fuel rails for $550? Only issue is I have yet to find a review of it after 2 days of searching?

Your thoughts? Besides it's made in China!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Forget about that manifold if you want to tow or want to have ANY low end. Believe it or not, your best bet is getting your heads ported and a good truck cam.
Your intake won't hold you back for what this engine can do. Looks don't get you up the hill, and when the hood is shut(which it is 99% of the time)it does not matter.
Keep in mind this is a 3/4 ton Suburban. Low end and mid-range is where it's at here. You want a race truck get a 1/2 ton pickup.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Forget about that manifold if you want to tow or want to have ANY low end. Believe it or not, your best bet is getting your heads ported and a good truck cam.
Your intake won't hold you back for what this engine can do. Looks don't get you up the hill, and when the hood is shut(which it is 99% of the time)it does not matter.
Keep in mind this is a 3/4 ton Suburban. Low end and mid-range is where it's at here. You want a race truck get a 1/2 ton pickup.
Ditto. x2
Old 09-14-2017, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Your 3 bolt intake, even though its considered the worst truck intake, is not that bad. The BIGGEST thing holding the top end back in exhaust manifolds. Put a set of longtubes and a tune on the truck and its like a light switch at 3500rpms, motor lights up! Makes moving a trailer a lot easier.

If youre interested in the towing mods Ive done to my Yukon XL, check this out: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...er-etc-544286/

AWD delete, circle d converter, gear swap, helper air bags, etc etc.

Quick Reply: Suburban 6.0 LQ4 Intake