Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1B 99-07 Pcm Tow/Haul mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@PeteS160 I know you said you had kind of stopped working on this, but I've been heavy looking for a tow/haul interface and a way to mount cruise control buttons to my dash and it looks like if you had kept working on this you'd have exactly what I need. Is there any way you'd be interested in selling one? I'm more than happy to find my own housing and such. I get it if it's just not worth it to you, but I figured it's worth asking.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Pender1
@PeteS160 I know you said you had kind of stopped working on this, but I've been heavy looking for a tow/haul interface and a way to mount cruise control buttons to my dash and it looks like if you had kept working on this you'd have exactly what I need. Is there any way you'd be interested in selling one? I'm more than happy to find my own housing and such. I get it if it's just not worth it to you, but I figured it's worth asking.
Really depends on what PCM it's for. Shoot me a PM with the details of what exactly your using and looking for.

I did finish the design on the hardwired version for the P01/P59 and have a couple of them that have been in vehicles for well over a year now with out a single issue.

The version for use over the databus worked fine for Tow/Haul but I never got it working accurately to detect cruise control or AC status. Oddly enough the module also works on the Duramax but I don't know exactly what type of coverage it would have. I had sent one of the prototypes to lt1swap.com last year and he decided to try it on a Dmax swap he was doing a few months ago just for kicks and it actually worked.

Final version of the hardwired module
Spoiler!

Duramax testing with Class 2 version of module.
Spoiler!
Old 11-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen4, E78 ECM, 6L90e, L96

I'm very curious if you have figured this out for Gen4 stuff. My setup is a 2016 L96 with E78 PCM, 6L90e. I really need the tow/haul function for actual heavy towing. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by PeteS160
Really depends on what PCM it's for. Shoot me a PM with the details of what exactly your using and looking for.

I did finish the design on the hardwired version for the P01/P59 and have a couple of them that have been in vehicles for well over a year now with out a single issue.

The version for use over the databus worked fine for Tow/Haul but I never got it working accurately to detect cruise control or AC status. Oddly enough the module also works on the Duramax but I don't know exactly what type of coverage it would have. I had sent one of the prototypes to lt1swap.com last year and he decided to try it on a Dmax swap he was doing a few months ago just for kicks and it actually worked.

https://youtu.be/aEfd7k7kEGU

https://youtu.be/J3-okQpljG0
Old 11-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteS160

https://youtu.be/aEfd7k7kEGU

https://youtu.be/J3-okQpljG0
Sorry I never replied to you about this, I wound up going in the direction of a manual transmission. I aimed Dalton to you though, hopefully you guys can get something going. Thanks for all your work.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Pete..

Signed up to PM you about this, but apparently I dont get to send PM's for 30 days.. hope its ok I zombie-threaded this..

Any chance you ever kept on top of the android app? Heading on a trip in a few days and am trying to figure out how to trigger tow/haul on my LQ4 swap for the trip back with a trailer.. this is going to be waaayy easier than trying to find and wire in a BCM in a few days.. Was going to download here but I see your trial version resets every 90 seconds.. so that isnt going to work so well hah..

'04 LQ4 and Android 10, would love to give this a try, if its still an option.. cheers,

Brett

Quick Reply: LS1B 99-07 Pcm Tow/Haul mode