Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Generation III External Engine
Reload this Page >

Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals

Notices
Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals

Old 11-06-2017, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Truth be told, MOST of us could easily get by with true dual 2-1/2", but I'll never tell....
Old 11-06-2017, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by G Atsma View Post
Truth be told, MOST of us could easily get by with true dual 2-1/2", but I'll never tell....
Probably 2"...**** loads of f body cars run a single 3"
Old 11-06-2017, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

LOL! Got that right! Right now I have a 2013 F150 w/ the 5.0 @ 360HP. By rights this thing should have bigger than a single 3" exhaust, but it does NOT feel restricted at all!
For most of us, running stock or close to it, 3" gets the job done...
Old 11-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Out of all those I like the gmmg the best. After my last TSP Y-pipe sheared off at the merge (they sent me another one) I had it tig welded and v-banded at the outlet. That goes to about 6" of 3" 304 into a dumped borla XR-1. Beats any TD ground clearance by far but if you find a decent race shop (not Jim-Bob's mufflers) then anything can be made to work.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Going to true duals has had dyno Proven results over the y pipe route. The SE system has had good reviews. Also the hooker black heart. So as long as your not going over two foot speed bumps or have to go up a ten degree driveway then the true dual system will be more then fine on a lowered car
Old 11-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

I think I am going to try out the SE true duals. I probably will put in different mufflers though
Old 11-07-2017, 10:36 PM
TECH Junkie

I just realized the texas speed true duals are basically the same price. That changes things a bit. I'd look at them too.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt_ws6 View Post
I think I am going to try out the SE true duals. I probably will put in different mufflers though
Hold off for 6 months as they are redesigning it to be even more ground clearance.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah hold off until the revision or buy TSP duals. Unless you wanna drag exhaust pipes on the ground
Old 11-21-2017, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't write off the Black Heart system, ground clearance is great for a true dual system on a lowered car and the sound is amazing. I went from a Lt/ory/hooker catback setup to a home built ovaled 3" true dual system to the Black Heart system, I was skeptical going down in pipe size but wanted to see if the gain in sound and drivability would make up for any loss of power and it did exactly that.
I lost 16hp, but picked up 6ftlbs of torque. The car feels stronger through the overall power band than it did with my old set up and now I'm not dragging my exhaust all over the place. The sound of the car is much more refined

I can carry a conversation in the car now and hear the radio which was hard to do with the old set up.

I have a bunch of videos on youtube if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals-56.jpg   Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals-3.jpg   Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals-2.jpg   Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals-8.jpg   Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals-5.jpg  

Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals-001.jpg   Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals-26.jpg   Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals-dyno.jpg  
Old 11-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

So Texas Speed has their duals for a great price right now... and I couldn't resist. Soo let's see how it is. I'll post a vid before with gmmg and after with the duals.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:55 PM
TECH Junkie

So Texas Speed has their duals for a great price right now... and I couldn't resist. Soo let's see how it is. I'll post a vid before with gmmg and after with the duals.
you must have got in on the black friday deal for 369 .... hell of a deal
Old 11-26-2017, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

TSP duals with 1 chamber flowmasters...
Old 04-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Curious as to your results with the TSP duals, any updates?
Old 04-06-2018, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _JB_ View Post
You'll have shitty ground clearance with either true dual setups if the car is lowered. I went back to stock height shortly after installing Speed's TD.
I ran TSP True Duals on my lowered 01 SS and ground clearance was just fine. I flipped the fuel lines and really spent time fitting it perfectly so that GC wouldn't be an issue. Takes some work but it will actually snug up nicely on lowered cars.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

I have a hci setup with lt/Tsp td and it's too loud for me probably gonna go back to a y/ catback with a cutout for the track.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98znasty View Post
I have a hci setup with lt/Tsp td and it's too loud for me probably gonna go back to a y/ catback with a cutout for the track.
I have a Y cutout for sale in the classifieds. 3"
Old 04-26-2018, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99SSLSWON View Post
Curious as to your results with the TSP duals, any updates?
I still have yet to put it on as I'm waiting for my MWC 9" to get here before messing with that exhaust. It should be on within a few weeks. I will update then.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

I still have yet to put it on as I'm waiting for my MWC 9" to get here before messing with that exhaust. It should be on within a few weeks. I will update then.
Nice! Okay cool, thanks. Looking forward to it.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

IMO the biggest restriction on the TSP ypipe is the 2.5 inch merge. My muffler shop cut it off and welded a 3 inch piece into the single exhaust pipe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gmmg vs. Speed Engineering True Duals vs. Texas Speed True Duals

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: