Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed eng. true dual rear exit exhaust hanger/clamp location

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 11:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed eng. true dual rear exit exhaust hanger/clamp location

Hey what’s up guys for as much as I searched and searched a couldn’t find a one solid answer for my question. I just bought and installed the speed engineering true dual rear exit exhaust on my 02 TA and I cannot figure out where the hanger/clamp goes mounted?? I’ve looked on here and YouTube and even just googled it but nothing comes up. Is the clamp specifically for support of the exhaust only or is it used the seal up 2 pipes as well? If the clamp is only used for support it looks like I might be one clamp short on my order. Any advice will help at this point. Its currently sitting in the shop awaiting an answer to an email from speed engineering. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The passenger rear seat butt portion needs to be removed, then removed the seat belt buckle bolt. Run the supplied bolt in in place of the torx bolt, then use the nut to mount the bracket on the bottom of the car. The "clamp" is just used to hold the pipe up, not to hold anything together. and its for the driverside pipe. (at least i hope so, thats were i got it)

Old 03-26-2018, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Ok I’m gonna get into the shop shortly and I will give that a shot. Also did you use the supplied clamps? They seem to not be working very good for me.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

i bought new 3" band clamps from napa. they did not work for me as well.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Ttorres, how much did you pay for each clamp? And what kind did you get?
Old 03-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS SIK6
Ok I’m gonna get into the shop shortly and I will give that a shot. Also did you use the supplied clamps? They seem to not be working very good for me.
I used the supplied clamps with grade 8 hardware.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by micbegz28
The passenger rear seat butt portion needs to be removed, then removed the seat belt buckle bolt. Run the supplied bolt in in place of the torx bolt, then use the nut to mount the bracket on the bottom of the car. The "clamp" is just used to hold the pipe up, not to hold anything together. and its for the driverside pipe. (at least i hope so, thats were i got it)

Is this clamp required or can you skip it? Youre like the first car I see with that hanger there unless Im having trouble spotting it on other cars.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
Is this clamp required or can you skip it? Youre like the first car I see with that hanger there unless Im having trouble spotting it on other cars.
It isnt required, and i think its actually only been shipped with recent kits(i got my kit early march)

Also, i very well could have it in the wrong spot. But from what i was able to gather from the posts in the other thread, this is were it goes.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 504 Likes on 388 Posts

It helps to keep that section from sagging.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:24 AM
Launching!

UPDATE:

Finnally got around to finishing up, no way my clamp hanger is right. It his my DS.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It isnt required, and i think its actually only been shipped with recent kits(i got my kit early march)

Also, i very well could have it in the wrong spot. But from what i was able to gather from the posts in the other thread, this is were it goes.
Oh ok. I see. Hmmm... wondering if I should mount it there or not have it at all. Luckily for me... My car is a stock height so I wouldn't have much of a worry. Thank you for clarifying that.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE:

Finnally got around to finishing up, no way my clamp hanger is right. It his my DS.
Did you figure out how to mount that hanger?? I have mine on the driver side tube, clamped after the bend as it's going over the axle. Not sure if this is correct either. I played with it and that's were I ended up at. Sure would be nice if SE had a better list of instructions for some of there stuff. Does anyone have a definite location on install ??

Last edited by rbl3; 06-13-2018 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I emailed SE, it's supposed to attach to the driver's side tube and the hanger attaches to the passenger seat belt bolt they give you. Both the hanger and the clamp arms are suppose to point towards the rear
The following users liked this post:
whtphoenix88 (07-23-2023)
Old 06-13-2018, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Regarding rear seat hanger...i didnt install at first. Was able to get exhaust tucked up nicely thanks to other threads. I couldn't leave a spare part so I installed ...and....the driverside exhaust was then touching the gas tank. I used a hose clamp and fastened pipe to the panhard.

will be bringing car to a shop to weld in resonators, firm up tailpipes and see what they can do about pipe/gas tank...unless anyone has a suggestion?

if you weld...use stainless steel wire and gas welder...rusty welds aren't pretty
Old 06-14-2018, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pbarby
Regarding rear seat hanger...i didnt install at first. Was able to get exhaust tucked up nicely thanks to other threads. I couldn't leave a spare part so I installed ...and....the driverside exhaust was then touching the gas tank. I used a hose clamp and fastened pipe to the panhard.

will be bringing car to a shop to weld in resonators, firm up tailpipes and see what they can do about pipe/gas tank...unless anyone has a suggestion?

if you weld...use stainless steel wire and gas welder...rusty welds aren't pretty
where are you u mounting ur resonators at?
Old 06-14-2018, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rbl3

where are you u mounting ur resonators at?
plan is 1 on crossover pipe to driverside behind differential. 2nd in front of axle before it goes over axle. Tape measure says the vibrant 1142 will fit once I trim the in/outlets an inch and might have to shave/weld top edge of resonator for axle movement. Will have to relocated the two tabs holding the pipes together. Vibrants arrived today, hope to have mocked/clamped this weekend...hope. if all is well, will have welded.

Last edited by Pbarby; 06-14-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

plan is 1 on crossover pipe to driverside behind differential. 2nd in front of axle before it goes over axle. Tape measure says the vibrant 1142 will fit once I trim the in/outlets an inch and might have to shave/weld top edge of resonator for axle movement. Will have to relocated the two tabs holding the pipes together. Vibrants arrived today, hope to have mocked/clamped this weekend...hope. if all is well, will have welded.
Will the resonators work properly? I always thought that they needed to go after the mufflers or does it even matter?? I’d be very interested in an update once you’ve got it installed.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rbl3

Will the resonators work properly? I always thought that they needed to go after the mufflers or does it even matter?? I’d be very interested in an update once you’ve got it installed.
I'm hopeful for some drone relief. Had one aftee my y pipe and quieted drone and rasp a little. Hoping 2 will be big improvement. If i don't lose any sound behind car I'd still be happy because exhaust sounds wicked.

because of all help on forum and great priced product from speed eng..going to do writeup w decibel test.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

I'm hopeful for some drone relief. Had one aftee my y pipe and quieted drone and rasp a little. Hoping 2 will be big improvement. If i don't lose any sound behind car I'd still be happy because exhaust sounds wicked.

because of all help on forum and great priced product from speed eng..going to do writeup w decibel test.
Sounds very interesting; subscribed!!
Old 09-08-2018, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Wrong thread

Last edited by Pbarby; 09-08-2018 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Wrong thread