Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC options- LS swap to 57 truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC options- LS swap to 57 truck

Ok - getting closer to installation engine and starting to think about AC options due to fitment (going to be tight)

Donor was a 2007 Hummer H2 LQ4.
Going into a 57 Chevy Panel.

1) Can I used the original OEM compressor or not. Im not sure if its variable displacement or not. Heard different things.

2) I'm really looking to keep costs down and am thinking about the MARK IV underdash versus the full fitting SureFit. Anyone using the underdash from VA or other in a Large panel or truck ?

3) How would the Mark IV full kit compare to say to this.....
http://coldmasterinc.com/product/ac-...u-404-0fc-12v/

I'd prefer to run a brand like VA - however coldmaster is local to me and also is almost half the price. I want to compare apples to apples and understand what 2x the price buys me - sorry if that sounds direct - just AC isnt something I understand much apart from basics of how it works - just starting the research now.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI
Found this out .... my compressor is a Denso 10S17F

"The 10S compressor is double side operating Swash Plate type compressor with fixed displacement , well known for its durability and lack of noise and pulsation,"

So - since its static/fixed dispalcement - it should work with most aftermarket AC systems - as far as I can tell.

Also ....

Looks like most people are running the 2 wired from the PCM control for FANS ...... and using a 3rd signal from the AC clutch via a trinary switch to also kick the fans on when the comrpessor is running - sound right ?

Quick Reply: AC options- LS swap to 57 truck