Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$300 ish stand alone harness from ebay, any luck ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default $300 ish stand alone harness from ebay, any luck ??

Title says it, has anyone tried on of these LS harnesses engine harnesses for an ls swap ?? Curious about perceived or actually quality. I am working toward a turbo 400 trans and an L33 turbo set up in a Colorado truck. Trying to decide on harness to get me from 411 ecm to the engine. Thx...

Last edited by RIDETOEAT; 08-22-2018 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Additional clarity...
Old 08-27-2018, 09:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Typically you get what you pay for!

Not having seen this harness in person, we can't comment on the quality or whether they are using OEM/Factory Delphi Connectors and TXL/GXL (Polyethylene Cross Linked) High Temperature Wire, etc. There are a lot of "cheaper" harnesses available nowadays that are made overseas that use thin/flimsy connectors and cheap wire. They may look similar in pictures but standalone wiring harness are not all the same.

One of the benefits from buying from a reputable wiring harness company that many people don't take into consideration before purchasing is Technical Support. A lot of these fly by night ebay sellers aren't going to answer/help you if you have questions/issues.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 08-27-2018, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

I had studied enough since that post to decide I would be best to go with yours. Cheap is always tempting but American Made and proven quality is where it's at.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RIDETOEAT
I had studied enough since that post to decide I would be best to go with yours. Cheap is always tempting but American Made and proven quality is where it's at.
Good call. I got a PSI harness for my 57 swap, and so far, they've been great with support. I actually had an issue with my alternator pigtail not matching my alternator. Not their fault, I specified 2-pin and mine is 4-pin. Called them, they were knowledgeable enough to help me deduce that the mail order tune I had wouldn't charge the system as-is! Long story, but they told me how to re-wire it and shared all I needed to provide to the next tuner to make sure it was compatible.

Sorry for the fan boy post, just reassuring you because it's tough to justify that ticket price when it all appears to be a pile of wire in the box!
Old 08-29-2018, 11:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

F all of this. 795 will get you a standalone from fitech. Harness, ecu, controller, self learning, 3 bar map sensor, wideband sensor, dual wide band ready, etc...If you are gonna have to pay for a tune then it would be foolish not to jump on this
Old 09-04-2018, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 193 Likes on 134 Posts

That FI Tech system is da bomb! Look here; https://www.jegs.com/i/FITech-Fuel-Injection/546/70050/10002/-1?CAWELAID=230006180037513772&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=6 0104900578&CATCI=aud-300525381059:pla-498229865975&CATARGETID=230006180040699174&cadevic e=c&gclid=CjwKCAjw2rjcBRBuEiwAheKeL9oDO_Xxk8Ct99ok GZOrXYFHTcfF2FNXe4U8tlhGg-fnMczBhMa8MxoCrSQQAvD_BwE

Look at EVERYTHING that you get with that kit! It absolutely KILLS using HP Tuners, and hatcheting up a used GM harness & PCM. Unless someone can give me a good reason(s) why this kit is not all that it looks like it is-I will ONLY be using that going forward. Let's look at some #'s... Buying a used PCM & Harness ($350 is what I paid recently for a complete harness & 411 PCM for a 2002 truck), then $100 to license it with HP Tuners, then 8-12 hours to disassemble the complete harness and remove everything you are not using ($250??), then you are still left spending 8-20 hours *tuning* it ($250-800). And even then, you are stuck with a FACTORY throttle body, factory intake, SMALL injectors, and factory narrow band O2 sensors (the FI Tech has W/B!!!!), and the FI Tech has transmission control as well!

I'm sure that kit is not a "one size fits all" for everyone, but for what I'm building and selling it *seems* like it would be perfect. Can anyone please discuss the negatives to using this kit? I'm really interested. I promise I'm going to buy one just to see how well it works! I could buy the kit just of the larger injectors! Anyone with 1st hand information??????

Last edited by Kawabuggy; 09-05-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

I am with you, hoping they are at LSfest this weekend so I can quiz them and hopfully see some cars running with them so I can talk to users. Going to decide between FITech , Holley $$$ and Hp Tuners and stock ECM when I get home from this weekend.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kawabuggy, you are wrong with your dollar amount figures. Just because you over paid for the used stuff doesn’t mean we all do.
Used truck harness and a 896 or 411 ecu - $75 remember you don’t need a 411 as some peeps think it’s gold.
Re work your own harness is about $50
Vats delete with tune is about $250 - $350 same as yours
Factory intake and Tb still make power period.
That fi tech doesn’t come with everything, you need to buy more stuff for certain applications it seems.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

I did not see FiTech represented at LSFest, and perusing the net does not yet give me a fuzzy feeling about this system for now. I think most of the issues are just new problems and it will be good in time but likely not cheap when it happens. I bought Holley's Dominator and feel confident but poorer about the decision since there is a lot of cars doing very well with it and a lot of terrific online support, not any community negativity other than price related. OPPutting holley HP and Dominator in the same catagory, I think HPTuners with a stock ecm is the next level down as far as I am concerned, everything in between seems a bit developmental. Just my current opinion...
Old 09-14-2018, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

FI tech seems like a good deal , mind you the trans controller is seperate going from above link. HP tuners / efilive and stock is cheaper depending on how much work you are willing to put in . Most of the times you can get the harness ecu for free with motor ,I did on three occasions . The biggest thing about OE is you get to keep cruise control , AC, evap and trans control and its cheap . For me it's only $100 for EFI live license and since I got harness computer for free its a no brainer . And like some body else mentioned 0411 pcm is not do all end all, others work equally as well .
Old 09-18-2018, 01:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

PSI harness in my exocet. Very high quality and hasn't given me any stress.