Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 TBSS with gen 3 motor... knock sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '06 TBSS with gen 3 motor... knock sensor question

Hey y'all. Wanted to pick your brains on something and search has come up short (I've looked on multiple forums but can't get a definitive answer)

I have a '06 TBSS and the motor blew up. I have a spare gen III 6.0 iron block with the 24x reluctor (so it'll work on my TBSS) and will be switching over the parts from my LS2 to that LQ4. Question is, is there any way to use the gen III knock sensors in the valley with my gen IV loom? I've read a few threads about running gen IV knock sensors on gen III motors by drilling and tapping bosses on the side of the block. My question is, if I don't want to do that, can I just use a gen III knock sensor harness and plug it in? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonlee
Hey y'all. Wanted to pick your brains on something and search has come up short (I've looked on multiple forums but can't get a definitive answer)

I have a '06 TBSS and the motor blew up. I have a spare gen III 6.0 iron block with the 24x reluctor (so it'll work on my TBSS) and will be switching over the parts from my LS2 to that LQ4. Question is, is there any way to use the gen III knock sensors in the valley with my gen IV loom? I've read a few threads about running gen IV knock sensors on gen III motors by drilling and tapping bosses on the side of the block. My question is, if I don't want to do that, can I just use a gen III knock sensor harness and plug it in? Thanks in advance.
I'm not 100% sure, but I'd imagine you'd need to mess with the knock sensor parameters in the tune for them to work correctly.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlasherVRGR
I'm not 100% sure, but I'd imagine you'd need to mess with the knock sensor parameters in the tune for them to work correctly.
but the harness will plug in right? no need to splice wires and whatnot.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonlee
but the harness will plug in right? no need to splice wires and whatnot.
I really don't know to be honest man