LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation III External Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine-6/)
-   -   True dual 3 inch exhaust system (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/1911384-true-dual-3-inch-exhaust-system.html)

CamaroZ2871 12-05-2018 06:23 AM

True dual 3 inch exhaust system

I have a 1997 Camaro z28 that I just did a complete LS swap on and I’m having a hard time finding a true dual 3 inch exhaust from the cat back. Do any of you know a company that has a true dual 3 inch exhaust from the car back I’d greatly appreciate any help at all what so ever!

99 Black Bird T/A 12-05-2018 11:44 AM

Kook's, American Racing Headers, Texas Speed, Speed Engineering all make a true 3 inch dual exhaust from the headers back.

What sort of exhaust is on the car now?

CamaroZ2871 12-05-2018 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A (Post 20011901)
Kook's, American Racing Headers, Texas Speed, Speed Engineering all make a true 3 inch dual exhaust from the headers back.

I used to have a slp exhaust on it but i sold it awhile ago with my old setup but with my new setup my headers are 3 inch long tube hooker headers I’m wanting to run 3 inch true dual all the way back I just didn’t know if there was specific places that made them to fit cause of the way 4th gen are set up.

Bspeck82 12-05-2018 09:32 PM

Buy the kit from texas speed and have a shop weld it up and tuck it up.

omc8 12-07-2018 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A (Post 20011901)

Maybe American racing has come out with something new , but they have been resistant to design a system td for 4th gen for a long time, they claim that thier single Y will out perform TDs. They do have TD for 3rd and 5th gen thou. Kooks is top self with price tag to match. SE is a good value.

00pooterSS 12-07-2018 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroZ2871 (Post 20011906)

I used to have a slp exhaust on it but i sold it awhile ago with my old setup but with my new setup my headers are 3 inch long tube hooker headers I’m wanting to run 3 inch true dual all the way back I just didn’t know if there was specific places that made them to fit cause of the way 4th gen are set up.

There are lots of companies that make several styles of exhaust systems for 4th gen cars.

Right now texas speed and speed engineering have the best for the buck 3" true dual setups that I'm aware of.

99 Black Bird T/A 12-07-2018 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by omc8 (Post 20012813)
Maybe American racing has come out with something new , but they have been resistant to design a system td for 4th gen for a long time, they claim that thier single Y will out perform TDs. They do have TD for 3rd and 5th gen thou. Kooks is top self with price tag to match. SE is a good value.

Your right, I misread the 3rd Gen set up, I'm so used to seeing the cars ignored. Thanks for pointing that out. Nice to see some cool stuff for 3rd Gen's.