Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JB Weld 10an bung on oil pan??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default JB Weld 10an bung on oil pan??

I know this is gonna sound fkin retarded but has anybody with a fabricated steel oil pan used high temp JB Weld to glue a weld bung to the oil pan for a turbo drain?? When I was putting the engine together I completely forgot about the turbo drain into the oil pan. I only realised what I forgot a few days after I had put the engine in the car. FML!!! All opinions welcome along with all the other bullshit?? I can take it
Old 03-17-2019, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

No way. That will never survive. I doubt you could even get the fitting tight without it breaking off.

Pull the pan off and do it correctly now. Otherwise, you'll be doing it later when you don't have time.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by .boB
No way. That will never survive. I doubt you could even get the fitting tight without it breaking off.
Yea I know. After talking with a few others I came to my senses and will do it right, I'll pull the pan and weld it on
Old 03-18-2019, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 91 Z28
Yea I know. After talking with a few others I came to my senses and will do it right, I'll pull the pan and weld it on
You are wise beyond your years, young Padawan.