LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation III External Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine-6/)
-   -   under drive power steering pulley (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/200467-under-drive-power-steering-pulley.html)

00sscam 08-03-2004 11:08 PM

under drive power steering pulley

is any one runing one of these with an under drive crank and alt pulley.if so how is it working out for you.

Ferocity02 08-04-2004 12:00 AM

Bad idea to run an undredrive PS pulley and crank pulley. I think just the crank pulley will make steering noticibly more difficult at low RPM's. Both would make it tough to steer.

riddler 08-04-2004 03:53 AM

I'm getting one installed on Friday, I have the March Underdrive crank and overdrive Alt pulley right now so I'll let you know how the combo works out.

BLK02WS6 08-04-2004 12:46 PM

I have an underdrive PS pulley and an ASP underdrive crank pulley - no problems, it steers just fine! I actually like the way the car steers with the underdrive PS pulley - not as touchy on the wheel.

00sscam 08-04-2004 11:12 PM

is there suposed to be a free up of power or just stiffen up the steering. reason i am asking is i play on skinnes on the street. at track i run short belt so not an issue.

thanks

BLK02WS6 08-05-2004 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by 00sscam
is there suposed to be a free up of power or just stiffen up the steering. reason i am asking is i play on skinnes on the street. at track i run short belt so not an issue.

thanks

I really don't know if it frees up much power cause we put it on when we put the new engine in - nothing to compare it to. I also drive on the street all the time with skinnies (I never take them off) - not a problem. Mine is billet and adds a little something different than most people have. Kinda pricey though.

riddler 08-05-2004 11:15 PM

Yeah it looks really slick in the engine bay and If you are going for EVERY last bolt on mod than it's one that not everybody has. My car is at the shop right now getting it put on so I'll post results tomorrow night.

riddler 08-10-2004 11:05 AM

Got the Power Steering Pulley on. Look great, you can't notice that it's even on there as far as steering goes except when you are at a complete dead stop and turn the wheel. Then it feels just a bit stiff. Throttle response seems a bit better and no negative effects thus far. Plus it has really deep grooves in the pulley and high walls so I doubt it will toss a belt any time soon. Just my opinion :)

bigMAC 08-10-2004 11:12 AM

Where are you buying the ps pulley's?

JL ws-6 08-10-2004 12:31 PM

Do you have a pic of it on the car, who makes it? I'm surprised that noone has come out with a complete pulley kit yet, crank, alt, p.s. would be even cooler if someone came out with the kit, and included the solid tensioner too. With the belts, it probably would be about 800 bucks, but wouldn't it be nice to get everything in 1 shot?

riddler 08-10-2004 02:24 PM

The Power Steering Pulley is made by a company called Reichard Racing. I got mine from Fbody Central here in MD. I'll snap a photo tonight and post it up tomorrow. Here is a link to the pulley www.not-a-sponsor.com/

BLK02WS6 08-10-2004 04:37 PM

Got mine from FBC too...

riddler 08-14-2004 06:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Do you have a pic of it on the car, who makes it? I'm surprised that noone has come out with a complete pulley kit yet, crank, alt, p.s. would be even cooler if someone came out with the kit, and included the solid tensioner too. With the belts, it probably would be about 800 bucks, but wouldn't it be nice to get everything in 1 shot?

Sorry for the delay, Turns out that the March Alt pulley I put on Ate itself to death on the Alternator shaft and I had to buy a new Alt and then just put the stock one back on. Runs great now, new combo is March Crank and Power Steering Pulley. Here is a picture of it on the engine, pretty snazzy :drive: