Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about borlamouth? dimension for cutting up LM?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about borlamouth? dimension for cutting up LM?

Ok, I have heard the clips on ls1sounds (are there any more sound clips other than the one that is on there?) and am going to get the Borla XR-1 #40085 muffler for my loudmouth. This is going to be after or about the same time as my flp headers. But here are my questions.

-are there any clearance issues as the muffler is an inch larger in diameter than the 4 inch expansion chamber?
-Where will I cut the expansion chamber off at? Basically how far past the welds for the expansion chamber should I cut on each side?
-How does it fit on the 3 inch pipes? will they slide into the muffler or the muffler onto the pipes? Probably the later as that makes more sense but I want to make sure
Old 08-04-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some more stuff that i have read leads me to believe that the xr1 does cut down on "some" of the rasp and drone, but it still sounds like ***? is this true? SHould I just bite the bullet (no pun intended) and save for headers & gmmg purchase? I always wanted the gmmg, but couldnt muster up the ***** to spend that much on an exhaust. My car is a daily driver and I cant afford to be pulled over. Should I just dish out the cash for the gmmg?

Fry
Old 08-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Teching In

i have the borlamouth w LT headers and an ory and there is virtually no rasp at all. sounds great too, not too loud, but not quiet either
Old 08-04-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

How is the fitment? was it hard to get on? and could you possibly get a sound clip? I dont care if its loud, its the obnoxiuos rasp and unrefined sound that I hate and would get me into trouble. How does it compare to the loudmouth on stock manifolds? (because I love that)

How does it compare to the xr1 sound clip on ls1sounds.com...b/c that has a cam.