Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted, Smooth sounding exhaust

Old 08-04-2004, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted, Smooth sounding exhaust

Well as you can tell my sig i got hooker lt's,ory, and a bullit muffler in my loud mouth. Well as you can expect it sounds like **** to put it bluntly. Im looking into the mufflex 4" cat back with the hide away exit. Im debating between the spintech and the flowmaster. Im leaning towards the spinntech, i believe it would give me the smoother sound. No rasp or loud cracking like a pick up type noise. A couple of people told me the magnaflow and i really dont mind the hooker either. Dont mind how loud it is really just hate that it sounds like a 70's pick up with glass packs. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just looking for the deepest sound possible with no cracking. Dont really want true duels, im sort of afraid that they would have to much drone to them inside the car. thanks
Old 08-04-2004, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Also i did a search and listened to everything on ls1 sounds. didnt really come up with any deffinit winners. Sometimes hard to tell from a sound clip if you know what i mean.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't go with the 4 inch mufflex set-up unless you plan on doing a H/C sometime in the future. Too little back pressure (at least thats what I assume, and the guys at mufflex (20 min from me, had work done with them before) say).

I would get magnaflow or get the 3.5 inch mufflex with the spintech if you really want spintech.

Flowmaster= with long tubes.

-Todd

edit: just noticed your cam in your sig. The 4 inch would be fine
Old 08-05-2004, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
I wouldn't go with the 4 inch mufflex set-up unless you plan on doing a H/C sometime in the future. Too little back pressure (at least thats what I assume, and the guys at mufflex (20 min from me, had work done with them before) say).

I would get magnaflow or get the 3.5 inch mufflex with the spintech if you really want spintech.

Flowmaster= with long tubes.

-Todd

edit: just noticed your cam in your sig. The 4 inch would be fine
Ha thanks for your imput, ya i just think that big single pipe with the spintech would give me a nice sound. I wish other people had them, or some better videos with them to really tell.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Hooker is one of the few catbacks that sounds good with an ORY. Look into that. Also, the Spintech would give you a nice sound, especially with that cam.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just remembered there is this kid around here that is running LT's, ORYP and a car-tek built engine with the spintech exhaust (4 inch). It is SO LOUD it rivals the Loudmouth, but sounds badass.

-Todd
Old 08-05-2004, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
I just remembered there is this kid around here that is running LT's, ORYP and a car-tek built engine with the spintech exhaust (4 inch). It is SO LOUD it rivals the Loudmouth, but sounds badass.

-Todd
Sweet, ya i dont even mind how loud it is just as long as it is smother sounding and doesnt crack like it does now.

Search this Thread